Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Vanquish will be 'different' ... and that can be a good thing.

December 02, 2020 01:09AM avatar
OregonGregg
I think I will like the machine.

I am sure you will, if you just use it a little to get to know it. It is a rather 'likable' detector.smiling smiley

OregonGregg
I am not getting it to replace anything I have. Hoping it's just a fun lite machine to swing around in the more open less trash fringe areas.

My newer models this past year (the Simplex +, Vanquish 540 and Apex) all made a very good 'fit' in my detector outfit because they filled a need or want, and also because they did replace some models. For my needs, and in an effort to thin out some models and go with smaller and/or lighter-weight detectors, they replaced my 2nd CoRe and 2nd Relic that sported the 5X9½ DD coils. Also the Teknetics T2 +, MX-7, and a couple of others.

One reason I like the V-540 is because it IS 'fun' to use, comfortable to handle, and and provides me with very good performance that complements my other favorite detectors because it is 'different.' I like it and the other models with a comparable mid-size coil for the same reasons you describe. In the old town sites and such, they are great for working the 'fringe area' with less masking trash, or for 'scouting' any outlying or unknown location in search of past activity. If and when I chance upon places that had human activity, and should they be really tough with closely-spaced Iron Nails or other dense debris, I'll grab my Relic or CoRe with the better coils mounted. Otherwise, I am comfortable using any of my other Daily-Use Team with their mid-size coils.

I like my CoRe w/'OOR', but I especially like my Relic w/5" DD. Why? Because it's 'different.' I like my V-50 w/5X8 DD compared with those to with similar-size coils .... because it's 'different' So are my Apex and Simplex + and my single-tone Bandido II µMAX ad Silver Sabre µMAX, my F5 and my XLT .... all because they are 'different' ... but in a good way. They are 'different' enough to let me take advantage of their strengths, and even though 'different', they are still 'likable' and pleasant to use.

You used to do well with your single-tone M6 and then checked out a Racer and CoRe and stuck with them ... because they were 'different' in a good way, even thought the M6 is still good in its way. Just learn the Vanquish as you learned the CoRe, Racer and Racer 2.

OregonGregg
I like how it will lock on and hit targets hard ( at least what I have seen on vids and playing briefly with Montes 540)

Guaranteed, in the right places you'll want to use it I feel you are going to like the audio.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
325-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted, for the tasks I'll take on.
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. N/M Green edition
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

It's a good thing it's cold outside ... No melt-down moment for OG.

Monte 132 November 30, 2020 11:42PM

440 vs 540

OregonGregg 131 December 01, 2020 09:23AM

Re: 440 vs 540

Kickindirt 103 December 01, 2020 02:03PM

Looking forward to getting the 440

OregonGregg 99 December 01, 2020 04:26PM

The Vanquish will be 'different' ... and that can be a good thing.

Monte 117 December 02, 2020 01:09AM

My thoughts on the 440 vs 540 and their search coils.

Monte 123 December 01, 2020 11:31AM

Re: My thoughts on the 440 vs 540 and their search coils.

jmaryt 115 December 01, 2020 11:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 859 on February 28, 2021