Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Testing Finished: Vanquish 540 Pro Pack Battery Test Results:

December 17, 2022 11:07PM avatar
All of us used a V-540 Pro Pack model with the 5X8 DD mounted.

Volume and Sensitivity were Full, Iron Audio Volume was at 1 or 2, personal preference setting.

Mode was Custom with all Disc. segments accepted except the first two.

Detectors were positioned with the search coil within 6" to 8" of a power source that caused continuous EMI to put a constant drain on the circuitry, and batteries, to power everything and the speaker.

I positioned my V-540 so the coil was within 6" of the power supply from the wall outlet to my recliner. It had been quite a racket around here for days, and nights.

All NiMH Battery Charging was done using the Minelab Charger supplied with the V-540 Pro Packs.

I 'averaged' all of the results of the different battery tests to show the Run-Time with Full Battery bars, 2-Battery Bars and the total of those two times and NOT the 1-Bar time. That's because 1-Bar doesn't last for long, and most serious detectorists will change batteries, or charge batteries once it drops to only 1-Bar. Here are the results in order of Shortest Run-Time to Longest Run-Tine for 1 & 2 Battery Bars:

Results for Shortest to Longest Averaged Run-Times:

Alkaline Batteries Tested 2-Times:

• Harbor Freight Thunderbolt 'Edge' ... Made in China ... Exp. Nov. 2024
Full Battery Bars = 2 Hr. 28 Min and 2-Battery Bars = 2 Hr. 13 Min. for a Total of 4 Hr. 41 Min. before 1-Battery Bar.

• Ray-O-Vac 'High Energy' ... Made in USA ... Exp. Feb. 2028
Full Battery Bars = 1 Hr. 24 Min. and 2-Battery Bars = 4 Hr. 12 Min. for a Total of 5 Hr. 36 Min. before 1-Battery Bar.

• Albertsons or United Grocery 'Signature' ... Made in USA ... Exp. Mar. 2028
Full Battery Bars = 3 Hr. 13 Min. and 2-Battery Bars = 2 Hr. 34 Min. for a Total of 5 Hr. 41 Min. before 1-Battery Bar.

NiMH Rechargeable Batteries Tested 2-Times:

• Minelab (came w/V-540 Pro Pack) ... Made in China
Full Battery Bars = 1 Hr. 55 Min. and 2-Battery Bars = 7 Hr. 26 Min. for a Total of 9 Hr. 21 Min. before 1-Battery Bar.

• Panasonic Eneloop 'Blue' ... Made in Japan
Full Battery Bars = 3 Hr. 58 Min. and 2-Battery Bars = 5 Hr. 33 Min. for a Total of 9 Hr. 31 Min. before 1-Battery Bar.

• Panasonic Eneloop 'White' ... Made in Japan
Full Battery Bars = 5 Hr. 57 Mi.. and 2-Battery Bars = 3 Hr. 58 Min. for a Total of 9 Hr. 55 Min. before 1-Battery Bar.

Varta ... Made in Germany
Full Battery Bars = 5 Hr. 01 Min. and 2-Battery Bars = 5 Hr. 43 Min. for a Total of 10 Hr. 44 Min. before 1-Battery Bar.

Lithium Batteries Tested 2-Times:

RnB Innovations ... Made in China
Full Battery Bars = 26 Hr. 58 Min and 2-Battery Bars = 0 Hr. 02 Min. for a Total of 27 Hr. 00 Min. before 1-Battery Bar.

Yes, these are the results in order, and a note about the RnB Battery. I watched the last one very closely because I kept checking and noted Full Battery Bars, and then ZAP!, it died. So when it got close to the typical Run Time I watched it go from Full Bars to 2-Bars for just 2 Minutes and then it flashed through 1-Bar and quit. This RnB Battery holds a full-power charge of Full Bars for its maximum potential and then that's it. So, if you are using an RnB Battery, I suggest NOT waiting until it shows a lower battery Level and do not trust that a Full Battery Bar condition means it has a long time left. Instead, if hunting a lot, long durations, and especially encountering a lot of signals to keep the detector busy working, then I would fully charge it at the end of a day, or at least give it a full charge after 20 hours of hunting when it sill has some life left. That way you won't be taken by surprise if you try to go the limit with it.

Long duration, easy to use, and charges while still mounted in the Vanquish. No need to take it out. That's why I keep an RnB Battery mounted in my Vanquish 540, and also keep an RnB Battery mounted in my 'Loaner Unit' V-540.

My Nokta FORS CoRe, Makro Racer and XLT all use the Varta and Eneloop NiMH Batteries. The Minelab NiMH batteries stay in the V-540 totes, just-in-case, and if needed I also have the Vanquish Battery Door/Cover in the tope as well.

The Ray-O-Vac Alkalines I bought and opened in May. The Harbor Freight Thunderbolt 'Edge' and Albertson's 'Signature' Alkalines I bought back in 2019 when I was living in Oregon, so I used those since I had them on-hand. The Ray-O-Vac and Thunderbolt 'Edge' were opened in May, and the 'Edge' to do this Testing.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my chosen makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
F-19 .. Racer .. Vanquish 540 .. FORS Relic .. Legend .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. Bandido II µMAX .. XLT
Pinpointers: Garrett AT Pro-Pointers .. Headphones: 'Hornet' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Vanquish 540 Alkaline & Rechargeable Battery Tests. thinking

Monte 376 November 27, 2022 06:58PM

Testing Finished: Vanquish 540 Pro Pack Battery Test Results:

Monte 67 December 17, 2022 11:07PM

Re: Testing Finished: Vanquish 540 Pro Pack Battery Test Results:

Kickindirt 53 December 27, 2022 02:28PM

Re: Testing Finished: Vanquish 540 Pro Pack Battery Test Results:

jmaryt 86 December 29, 2022 08:35PM

Hindsight and rethinking on NiMH Rechargeables. thinking

Monte 67 December 22, 2022 11:25PM

Varta Batteries

OregonGregg 64 December 30, 2022 08:55AM

Thank You, Gregg. On my post-Christmas shopping list. N/T

Monte 46 December 31, 2022 09:12PM

Testing Update we decided upon.

Monte 91 December 11, 2022 11:52PM

V-540 & RnB testing ... 1st full-charge run.

Monte 128 December 04, 2022 01:32PM

Edited 1st test, here is the 2nd test.

Monte 142 December 05, 2022 12:14AM

Re: V-540 & RnB testing ... 1st full-charge run.

desertsmith 94 December 04, 2022 08:46PM

Re: Vanquish 540 and the RnB Inovations rechargeable battery. thinkingthinking

FeistyFrank 148 November 30, 2022 04:57PM

Current 'testing' and past battery evaluations.

Monte 116 December 01, 2022 04:18AM

Re: Current 'testing' and past battery evaluations.

jmaryt 106 December 04, 2022 05:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24