Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Vanquish owners, get a 'must-have' coil !!

January 02, 2023 05:20PM
The 5X8 coil on the Vanquish is "ok"----not even close to the performance of the Legend with 6" coil---but the (Vanquish) is "ok".------I've had several Vanquish (Pro Pack) units & several Legend units.-----I keep a Vanquish with V8 & V10 coils in the arsenal to play with from time to time.----The V12 is too large of a coil on the Vanquish.-----But for every day "down in the trenches" performance---the Legend (with 6" coil) is the clear winner of those two detectors/coils.-----I can't wait to get the Nokta 9.5X5" DD coil for the Legend---I have two of those coils "on the way"----they should provide very good performance on the Legend.
Monte
Yes, I am a bit biased towards certain coil sizes, especially small and mid-size designs. Why Minelab didn't make a nice coil such as a 5X8 for the Equinox is strange to me, but they did succeed in such an endeavor for their Vanquish series.

I have owned a few V-540's and am very satisfied having one in my personal Detector Team, as well as a second that is my Loaner-Unit for friends and family. They have the 9X12 coil for plowed fields and such, and the 7X10 for Beach Hunting. But for every-day getting out and having fun, they keep the really nice 5X8 DD mounted full-time.

If you have any of the three Vanquish models and do not have a 5X8 DD coil for it, I encourage you to consider adding that coil to your outfit. No, I am not parting with either of mine, but if you want a nice coil at a fair price, just ask and CaDetect will be able to help you out. At least help just one of you.

Nice, efficient, well balanced coil. thumbs up

Monte
Subject Author Views Posted

Vanquish owners, get a 'must-have' coil !!

Monte 137 January 02, 2023 12:54PM

jmaryt 68 January 02, 2023 08:08PM

D&P-OR 61 January 02, 2023 05:20PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28