Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wow, you added a Minelab forum!!!

July 15, 2018 08:02AM
My name is Ryan, and I'm a minelab owner. I've owned several models so I'll guess I'll chime in.
I like Minelab personally, though I agree with Monte they can be challenging to use in the high iron, rusty tin sites we like to hunt. Having said that I have a friend that I hunt with occasionally who uses an Etrac and he always out detects me.
I currently own a CTX 3030 and the Equinox. I will say both are excellent, high quality machines. The CTX is an amazing machine if you take the time to learn it. And gives you a ton of information. In the past its has become my go to machine for parks, yards, and of course beach hunting. Unfortunately I rarely detect those places. Lol. Still, I really like having it in my arsenal of gear. It's by far my most heavy detector, especially with the beastly 17" coil. But it is balanced really well. I've had much lighter machines that fatigue my arm and wrist much quicker due to handle angle. One model in particular.....
I really like the Equinox. I'm anxious to see how it does in our sites with the 6" coil. I just got back from southern California and used the Nox exclusively on the beach . It handles salt water like a dream. Super light and fast. I think it will be a contender in the ghost towns, rail road stations, and mining camps we all like with that 6 " coil. Time will tell. I will say the thick handle takes some getting used to, not terrible, but it took me a little time to get used to it.
The one critique I really dont understand, and disagree with is the rechargeable battery. Why would you not want a battery that doesnt need to be replaced every hunt or two? Of course I love this feature with my Deus, Kruzer, CTX, etc as well. To me, having a battery last 6-12 hours on a charge, and be ready to go next time by simply plugging it in the night before I go out is a huge plus. But to each his own.

Anyway, that's my opinion on Minelab. I thought I'd chime in. Thanks Monte for adding this forum. It should be interesting to see its use. Maybe someday an XP Deus forum will be added as well. Lol. But what is there to say about the Deus, besides it's the best detector on the planet?

Cheers!

Ryan
Subject Author Views Posted

Yes, I added a new Forurm for Minelab Electronics followers.

Monte 414 July 15, 2018 04:55AM

Wow, you added a Minelab forum!!!

GISGUY 319 July 15, 2018 08:02AM

Re: Wow, you added a Minelab forum!!!

Kickindirt 266 July 20, 2018 02:21PM

My views on the rechargeable battery Vs alkaline battery use.

Monte 309 July 19, 2018 05:33AM

Rechargeable Batteries and Such -

UtahRich 317 July 23, 2018 05:22PM

Re: My views on the rechargeable battery Vs alkaline battery use.

GISGUY 361 July 21, 2018 10:50AM

Re: My views on the rechargeable battery Vs alkaline battery use.

Kickindirt 281 July 21, 2018 08:25PM

Hey, A Minelab Forum thumbs up

UtahRich 282 July 18, 2018 07:44PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018