Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My views on the rechargeable battery Vs alkaline battery use.

July 19, 2018 05:33AM avatar
GISGUY
The one critique I really dont understand, and disagree with is the rechargeable battery. Why would you not want a battery that doesnt need to be replaced every hunt or two? Of course I love this feature with my Deus, Kruzer, CTX, etc as well. To me, having a battery last 6-12 hours on a charge, and be ready to go next time by simply plugging it in the night before I go out is a huge plus. But to each his own.

Ryan
I have owned several Minelab FBS models and never used their rechargeable batteries. Instead, I used quality alkaline batteries and enjoyed longer run-times compared with my hunting buddies who only used rechargeables. On the XP Deus model, I really don't like the three-components that require separate battery recharging. Of them all, and as Rich(Utah) referred to, I can see their benefit in the new waterproof Equinox and Kruzer series models to help eliminate the intrusion of water, sand, grit, etc. Still, I like the idea of using the built-in rechargeable as a 'back-up' and still rely on an attachable alkaline battery system.

One other reason is I almost always have 2 or more detectors in my vehicle and ready to travel, and even at 5:30 AM I have 5 detectors in my GMC. I don't like to have to haul a bunch of units in and out of the house or a motel to charge them every night, and I get much longer run-times using alkaline batteries. Almost always 25 hours minimum, and in most cases I get more like ±40 hours of use with low-cost but quality-performing alkalines.

That's what works for me.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Nokta-Makro:(3), Teknetics:(1), Tesoro:(4), White's:(1), XP:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Yes, I added a new Forurm for Minelab Electronics followers.

Monte 321 July 15, 2018 04:55AM

Wow, you added a Minelab forum!!!

GISGUY 254 July 15, 2018 08:02AM

Re: Wow, you added a Minelab forum!!!

Kickindirt 202 July 20, 2018 02:21PM

My views on the rechargeable battery Vs alkaline battery use.

Monte 234 July 19, 2018 05:33AM

Rechargeable Batteries and Such -

UtahRich 225 July 23, 2018 05:22PM

Re: My views on the rechargeable battery Vs alkaline battery use.

GISGUY 280 July 21, 2018 10:50AM

Re: My views on the rechargeable battery Vs alkaline battery use.

Kickindirt 212 July 21, 2018 08:25PM

Hey, A Minelab Forum thumbs up

UtahRich 216 July 18, 2018 07:44PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018