Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Years ago I played with but never owned a Musketeer Advantage.

July 29, 2018 09:27AM avatar
I mainly used it in some urban Coin Hunting sites to take advantage of the 5 kHz performance along with some other makes that operated in the 5 kHz and 6.59 kHz range when 'silver shooting' older parks and picnic groves. It was an interesting detector but didn't quite spark any enthusiasm in my to acquire one. I have owned quite a few Minelab FBS models, preferring the Explorer II, but I honestly enjoyed using my favorite BBS model, the Sovereign XS 2A Pro w/180 meter, more than the Explorers.

My one annoyance with the Musketeer Advantage is the same as my main issue with the Sovereigns which share a familiar packaging, and that was the weight and balance issue. There were other detectors around, including Tesoro's and others, that provided me with a more comfortable balance and feel and were less of an issue on me physically.

But if someone can handle them afield they can be a 'fun' detector to use. Not easy to market a model like that to most people today because the popular fashion of having visual Target ID and audible Tone ID seems to be the 'must-have' trend. I wish you the best, both with success afield as well as simply re-adapting to it and how it functions.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

How about a Musketeer Advantage?

SvenS 209 July 29, 2018 08:09AM

Years ago I played with but never owned a Musketeer Advantage.

Monte 153 July 29, 2018 09:27AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018