Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Favorite Fisher and Teknetics Detectors are:

December 30, 2018 05:13AM avatar
Those that are in my current Detector Outfit: Fisher's F44 because it is affordable yet has ample up-to-date features. Also, it is a very lightweight unit that reduces wear-and-tear on this achy old body. It shares search coils with several Fisher and Teknetics models, such as the Omega 8000, and I keep a 7" Concentric mounted for full-time use. I like the F44 primarily for typical urban Coin Hunting and can use it for 'casual' Relic Hunting where a site is more open and doesn't have a lot of closely-spaced iron nails or other debris.

My Teknetics favorite is the discontinued Omega 8000 (I have a Ver.4 and Ver.6) because even when I owned my first three T2's (and I have now had 5 of them) the Omega 8000's provided me better, tighter 'Lock-On' VDI read-outs on mid-depth to deeper coins with standard or 11" BiAxial coil than any of the T2's I had.

I did like the T2's with the 5" DD coil for hunting in the trashier iron scrap, nails and rusty tin, but for everything else the Omega was my go-to Teknetics unit. With the 8" Concentric and 5" DD I had fairly good success in the outlaying areas of old ghost towns and such where the ferrous trash was sparse, but in any dense nail and iron contaminated sites, it just isn't the best choice.

Today I keep a 5" DD on one Omega 8K and the 7" Concentric on the other Omega 8K and they work quite well for urban Coin Hunting. Another reason I like the Omega design is because it is very light weight and comfortable, and part of that is that it uses theT2 grip design. The T2 w/5" DD is a very comfortable detector and simple to operate and adjust, but in the Teknetics line it is 2nd to the Omega 8000 overall.

Rich (Utah)
I've had a couple Teknetics Mark 1's purchased back in the mid-80's and a few CZ-6 variants. Both provided some memorable years of hunting.

I'd have to say that between the two, I had a preference for my CZ-6a and used it for nearly 5 years. The Mark 1 was certainly an innovative detector with excellent audio and visual Target ID. The packaging was a bit bulky and unwieldy though even with the hip-mounted versions I owned. The CZ's were much lighter in hand (though still heavy by today's ┬ÁMax standards), but were dual frequency, a 5 (later a 6) segment Target ID display and separate tones for iron, foil, tabs and coins.

Despite the love they have for deep rusty nails, and an ear blasting VCO pinpoint mode, I made many excellent finds with my CZ-6a.

Rich -
I've owned quite a few Fisher models going back to the Orion 121 which was a TR that I bought from my brother in early 1972. I had some Dealer friends who let me borrow and check out various Fisher products through the years but the only older model I liked was the CZ5. I started with a CZ-6a but preferred the CZ-5. I owned a few of them and they corked OK in some applications for me, but I didn't care for the weight and balance of feel of the CZ. For decades I have tried other Fisher units but nothing seems to make a good fit in my detector team until I tried the F44.

In the Teknetics products, I have a choice condition Mark I Ltd. that I bought this year that I am going to sell, and it is one of my 'old school' favorites they offered. Then nothing of interest until the T2's arrival, and then the Omega 8000 in early 2010 that really grabbed my attention for use in a lot of my bi city Coin & Jewelry Hunting needs.

So, today, it is the F-44 and Omega 8000 that are my current favorites from these two 'brands' and I am wondering what FTP might come up with in the near future to be more competitive with the current industry trend.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Your Favorite Fisher or Teknetics Detector to Date is . . . . . . .

Rich (Utah) 103 December 28, 2018 10:50PM

My Favorite Fisher and Teknetics Detectors are:

Monte 107 December 30, 2018 05:13AM

coil question on your Omega

TabWhisperer 57 January 07, 2019 11:35PM

Yes, it is the Fisher 7" Concentric.

Monte 62 January 08, 2019 09:45AM

Re: My Favorite Fisher and Teknetics Detectors are:

jmaryt 82 December 30, 2018 09:11PM

j.t. asked about 'processor speed' .. 'separation' .. encountered in .. 'urban public places.''

Monte 77 January 03, 2019 03:20PM

Re: j.t. asked about 'processor speed' .. 'separation' .. encountered in .. 'urban public places.''

jmaryt 61 January 03, 2019 11:10PM

Just be careful not to overthink the trash-handling abilities.

Monte 70 January 04, 2019 12:51AM

Re: Just be careful not to overthink the trash-handling abilities.

jmaryt 51 January 12, 2019 07:51PM

j.t., here's a long answer to your 'trash' handling question.

Monte 68 January 13, 2019 07:17AM

Re: j.t., here's a long answer to your 'trash' handling question.

jmaryt 40 January 13, 2019 08:53PM

jmaryt 68 January 04, 2019 09:49PM

Monte 65 January 05, 2019 08:18AM

Re: Your Favorite Fisher or Teknetics Detector to Date is . . . . . . .

RickUK 81 December 29, 2018 02:40AM

Rich (Utah) 86 December 30, 2018 02:56AM

RickUK 69 December 30, 2018 03:17AM

Rich (Utah) 56 December 31, 2018 10:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018