Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just be careful not to overthink the trash-handling abilities.

January 04, 2019 12:51AM avatar
jmaryt.. "but am pleased to know that the two of them are practically a "dead nuts match" to be totally honest, i know the omega was good in the junk, because of previous users comments"
Monte..I used an Omega 8000 V.4, a few of them, from march of 2010 until mid-2015. In a little over five years it had quickly grown to be my preferred Coin Hunting model for 'typical' trashy conditions in common urban settings. Most of those are rather free of Nails and other ferrous debris with the exception of Bottle Caps. And Bottle Caps are generally associate with specific areas such as near a picnic bowery, plus I developed the skill decades ago to 'audibly classify' most Bottle Caps that are generally in the upper ±3" In short, with any make or model I usually recover very, very few Bottle Caps.

Otherwise, 'trash' in local coin producing sites is nowhere close to the target masking of the densely littered Relic Hunting sites where the Omega doesn't handle Nails and heavy ferrous target contamination all that well.

jmaryt.. "i knew nothing about the f44 as it is new, but my curiosity was aroused when you stated that YOU are the proud owner of one."
Monte..Yes, the F44 is an impressive detector in most search environments, but is very close to the Omega 8000's 'genes' when it comes to separation and recovery speed when target rejection is a need. If rejected trash is in a closely associated cluster, they are not the better detector choices to have in-hand. However, if common trash is more scattered and spread-out and not congested, theF44 & Omega 8000 can work together reasonably well and quite similar to each other. A slight 'edge' for the F44 for clean and clear audible hits on slightly deeper single-coin targets.

jmaryt.. "i believe that fisher positioned this detector to be a potential economic 'sleeper" in their line and just how good it can be in the trash with the 7 on board."
Monte..I also feel the F44 is a 'sleeper' in their line, and perhaps so is the comfortable 7" Concentric coil. I like this model so well that I am going to acquire another F44 just to keep a smaller-size coil, the 5" DD, mounted to it as a compliment to the 7" Concentric for use in trashier confinements.

Still not a match for the really dense ferrous debris challenges handled by my Nokta-Makro Anfibio Multi, FORS Relic or FORS CoRe, but in a little less aggressive locations, the Omega worked well for me for that 5 year period, and I am certain the Fisher F44 will do the same.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: F-44, Nokta-Makro: FORS CoRe and FORS Relic,
Tesoro: Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX, White's: XLT, XP: ORX
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Your Favorite Fisher or Teknetics Detector to Date is . . . . . . .

UtahRich 266 December 28, 2018 10:50PM

My Favorite Fisher and Teknetics Detectors are:

Monte 278 December 30, 2018 05:13AM

coil question on your Omega

TabWhisperer 152 January 07, 2019 11:35PM

Yes, it is the Fisher 7" Concentric.

Monte 170 January 08, 2019 09:45AM

Re: My Favorite Fisher and Teknetics Detectors are:

jmaryt 187 December 30, 2018 09:11PM

j.t. asked about 'processor speed' .. 'separation' .. encountered in .. 'urban public places.''

Monte 188 January 03, 2019 03:20PM

Re: j.t. asked about 'processor speed' .. 'separation' .. encountered in .. 'urban public places.''

jmaryt 169 January 03, 2019 11:10PM

Just be careful not to overthink the trash-handling abilities.

Monte 175 January 04, 2019 12:51AM

Re: Just be careful not to overthink the trash-handling abilities.

jmaryt 147 January 12, 2019 07:51PM

j.t., here's a long answer to your 'trash' handling question.

Monte 172 January 13, 2019 07:17AM

Re: j.t., here's a long answer to your 'trash' handling question.

jmaryt 133 January 13, 2019 08:53PM

jmaryt 186 January 04, 2019 09:49PM

Monte 199 January 05, 2019 08:18AM

Re: Your Favorite Fisher or Teknetics Detector to Date is . . . . . . .

RickUK 171 December 29, 2018 02:40AM

UtahRich 201 December 30, 2018 02:56AM

RickUK 165 December 30, 2018 03:17AM

UtahRich 156 December 31, 2018 10:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018