Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

There are several things I like about the Fisher F44.

January 23, 2019 09:24PM avatar
Rich (Utah)
I see that Monte is looking for a new F44.
That's right, I sure am. I have an F44 I got that a fellow had for less than a week, took off the 11" BiAxial coil and put in my Accessory Coil Tote, and mounted a Fisher 7" Concentric coil for day-to-day general purpose hunting. I am looking for a brand new F44 to have as a 'back-up' and I have a brand new 5" DD coil I'll keep mounted to it for trashier and brushier places.

Rich (Utah)
I don't know much about this machine. What does it do well ?

Rich -
I can tell you 'What it does', but what it 'does well' for me is it gives me a light-weight and comfortable detector which is a must-have these days due to my lack of mobility and lack of strength in my right side. It make a handy visual and audio Target & Tone ID device for a lot of the urban Coin Hunting I want to do. And it fits my three important characteristics I look for in a decent detector: It is 'SIMPLE' and has 'FUNCTIONAL' adjustment features, and provides ample 'PERFORMANCE' for common Coin Hunting places in urban environments. A good complementary model for more serious Relic Hunting units. Those are the Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic.

Those are what it does 'well' for me and my needs, so let's look at 'What the F44 will do' or the features it offers:

Fisher F44
MSRP is $399.00
Operating Frequency: 7.69 kHz
Battery Power: 2-AA Alkaline Batteries

Features:

• 5 Search Modes: Jewelry, Coins, Artifacts, Custom and All Metal

• 9 Notch-Disc. Segments The operator can Accept or Reject any Notches in any Mode.

• 5 Audio Tones: Tones are assigned and not changeable in Jewelry, Coin and Artifact modes. The Custom mode is fully assignable.
0=VCO
1-Bass
2=Low
3=Medium
4=High

• Audio Volume Adjustment

• Iron Audio Volume Adjustment

• Backlight - Red, w/5 Levels and 'Off'

• Automated 'Ground Grab' or manual GB adjustment

• Pinpoint Function

• Display shows Numeric VDI/TID, Coin Depth, Ground Mineral Indicator and more.

The F44 could be used at an older activity site (Relic Hunting) as long as there wasn't too much closely associated ferrous junk. It is at its best when put to work in typical urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting locations.

I have some of the best relic Hunting models available and wanted to add the F44 to complement them as a dedicated Coin Hunting device.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: F-44, Nokta-Makro: FORS CoRe and FORS Relic,
Tesoro: Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX, White's: XLT, XP: ORX
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

f44

jmaryt 232 January 12, 2019 03:12PM

What's to like about the Fisher F44 ?

UtahRich 147 January 23, 2019 04:42PM

Re: What's to like about the Fisher F44 ?

jmaryt 146 January 23, 2019 11:28PM

Typical FTP dense ferrous trash behavior.

Monte 175 January 24, 2019 08:10AM

There are several things I like about the Fisher F44.

Monte 171 January 23, 2019 09:24PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018