Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Drew, just a couple of updated comments regarding my T2+.

February 15, 2019 06:55AM avatar
Comparing the OQW5I Technology with the ULSC using my new Teknetics T 2+.

As I described below, having owned several Teknetics T2's since 2006, I mainly used them in more urban environments than those remote homestead, stage stop, ghost town or encampment type sites so there was more opportunity for EMI issues. I mainly relied on the 5" DD coil with this model, and very seldom used the stock 11" BiAxial coil except on a beach hunt, working sports fields, on occasionally in a large grassy park.

As reported, the T2 seemed to demonstrate that OQW5I Technology, meaning it was Only Quiet With 5 Inch coil, which was one of the reasons I used the 5" the most.

At the time, I was living in a large-size metropolitan area where EMI challenges were more annoying, so I decided I could take my new Teknetics T 2+ and two search coils out to my all metal enclosed 12X20 woodshed yesterday, where there is more relief from EMI, especially in small Vale, Oregon, and compare their stability.

I am pleased to report that even though here in town, with the woodshed being located directly under a power line, both search coils demonstrated much quieter behavior even with a Sensitivity setting of '99' which is what I prefer to use ... when I can. The 5" DD worked great, as usual, on the test bed targets, even in the Teknetics T 2+ 'bP' (Boost Process) 2-Tone enhanced function.

The 11" BiAxial coil was also quieter than I used to experience with the same settings, but the quieter behavior didn't change the ULSC search coil design. At least for me, the 11" BiAxial is still an Ugly Looking Standard Coil, but once I get the solid-body 10" elliptical DD coil, the 11" will stay hidden in my Accessory Coil Tote and be out of sight.

Just a little new information.cool smiley

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2), White's:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

To those who have used both, what is the difference between the current F75 LTD and the T2 LTD?

Druid 142 January 24, 2019 08:16AM

Drew, just a couple of updated comments regarding my T2+.

Monte 83 February 15, 2019 06:55AM

F75's - T2's Model Guide -

Rich (Utah) 96 January 24, 2019 06:55PM

Re: F75's - T2's Model Guide -

Druid 89 January 24, 2019 10:11PM

The T2 to the F75, with OQW5I technology.

Monte 109 January 25, 2019 05:04AM

Re: The T2 to the F75, with OQW5I technology.grinning smiley

Druid 99 January 25, 2019 06:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018