Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jamie, some info about the 4" Concentric and an Omega 'package.'

February 25, 2019 11:44PM avatar
Jamie
The 4” coils I have been using on my “muffler” BH machines served a specific purpose. That was shallow targets in the heavy trash. Around the little league bleachers is where it proved its worth. I never expected to find anything coin size deeper than 3-4” max. That is what made the 4” coil a valuable “tool”.
I used to have the Bounty Hunter 4" push-on connector coil and was really impressed how well they worked. Now, Bounty Hunter models haven't been and aren't part of my preferred detector selection, but it was a better BH model and that dinky coil worked fine where it was needed most.

Jamie
The other great aspect is the price. I believe it is the lowest cost coil of that size in the hobby. That is why I have always told people starting out with a budget priced Bounty Hunter machine to also acquire a 4” coil to reallly get the fun factor going.
Correct on both points: Very affordable, and certainly adds to the 'fun' which is why I enjoy this great outdoor sport.

Jamie
Craig from Show me treasure got his hands on one and put the 4” coil up for sale. I naturally purchased he coil for 77.00 shipped. It has since been made available much cheaper from FT direct. I think I will purchase another one to keep on a lower rod for my 2 machines that it fits on.
Yes, a definite price drop, and it is a different physical configuration than the 4" B.H. coils I have used in the past decade or so.

When I ordered mine I bought two brand new 4" coils, and ordered a new F44 and some other things, but didn't correct my order to get only one 4" coil. So, in my Accessory Coil Tote I have a brand new 4" Concentric coil. The other new 4" is mounted on a spare lower rod. I keep one of my F44's with a 7" Concentric coil attached and a 5" DD on the other. But on my Omega 8000 I will switch back and forth based on the site conditions between an 11" BiAxial (mainly for periodic freshwater beech searches) or the 7" Concentric or the 4" Concentric, which is the coil I currently have mounted. As soon as we shift from winter into spring there are several tot-lots and other play sites that have metal structures where I want to put that 4" to work. It gets surprising depth of detection for it's size, too.

Jamie
I wouldn’t mind trying it out on an Omega if I find a good priced used one.
If you haven't found one yet, drop me an e-mail monte@ahrps.org as I have a very decent Omega 8000 I am going to trim from my arsenal as a 'package deal' and include an 11" BiAxial DD coil as well as a 5X9½ Concentric and the extra brand new 4" Concentric I just bought. Get it before spring arrives and before I post it on the Classifieds !!

Why sell it, some might wonder? Simply because I have my other Omega 8000 and I bought the new T2+ as a model to complement it and don't need a 2nd Omega 8K.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Racer 2 and Simplex+ .. Teknetics: T2+
Tesoro: Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX .. White's modified IDX Pro .. XP: ORX
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

f44

jmaryt 301 January 30, 2019 09:06PM

My thoughts on the Fisher F44 and search coils.

Monte 425 January 31, 2019 10:11AM

Re: My thoughts on the Fisher F44 and search coils.

jmaryt 209 February 01, 2019 11:59PM

Re: My thoughts on the Fisher F44 and search coils.

Jamie 182 January 31, 2019 06:13PM

I'm anxious to findout how the 4" Concentric and 5" DD coils compare.

Monte 198 February 01, 2019 07:53AM

Re: I'm anxious to findout how the 4" Concentric and 5" DD coils compare.

jmaryt 225 February 02, 2019 12:09AM

Search coil assignments based on site selection and detector behavior.

Monte 210 February 02, 2019 07:54AM

Re: Search coil assignments based on site selection and detector behavior.

RickUK 156 February 04, 2019 01:13PM

Yes, smaller-size coils can rule the day, and I just added my smallest-size coil yesterday.

Monte 192 February 05, 2019 08:37AM

Re: Yes, smaller-size coils can rule the day, and I just added my smallest-size coil yesterday.

jmaryt 203 February 05, 2019 04:18PM

The 4" Concentric coil does NOT get 'good depth.'

Monte 172 February 06, 2019 07:08AM

Re: The 4" Concentric coil does NOT get 'good depth.'

jmaryt 162 February 06, 2019 11:36PM

Re: The 4" Concentric coil does NOT get 'good depth.'

Jamie 131 February 06, 2019 08:15AM

Jamie, some info about the 4" Concentric and an Omega 'package.'

Monte 163 February 25, 2019 11:44PM

Re: Search coil assignments based on site selection and detector behavior.

jmaryt 222 February 02, 2019 04:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018