Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fisher-brand specifically? Yes, I have two of them.

April 07, 2019 10:27AM avatar
NWCindy
I'm curious if anyone uses a Fisher metal detector anymore?
Yes, I have two of the current Fisher models that I bought in the past six months or so.

NWCindy
If you do what do you think of it?
For the purpose I bought them, they work quite well, especially with the two search coils I prefer to use with them.

NWCindy
what kind you have?
Fisher F44's, two of them. I keep the 7" Concentric open-frame coil on my primary-use F44 for urban Coin Hunting applications and the solid 5" DD on the second F44 for working in tight, confined spaces as well as in and around dense trash.

NWCindy
what are your thoughts on the machine?
For me and my needs, my thoughts are quite favorable. I need to keep my detector weight down and as well balanced as possible in order to hang in there to enjoy this great sport as long as possible. I have quite a few detectors in my Regular-Use Outfit, a dozen plus-or-minus, just to have a back-up on-hand or to be able to keep a set of versatile detectors in each of my vehicles. That way I am never without a set of functional detectors that are suited for the types of sites I plan to visit or might chance upon.

The F44 is my lightest-weight and best-balanced model with Target ID and Tone ID. I like it because it provides me with useful adjustment 'functions' such as assigning one of 5 different Audio Tone Options to each of 9 Discrimination segments in the Custom mode. I also can adjust, quickly and 'simply', the Sensitivity as well as the Iron Audio Volume level which I prefer to keep at a lower-volume for ferrous trash. Additionally, with summer coming I'll have more opportunity to enjoy comfortable warmer nights for searching and the F44 has a variable brightness display Back-light feature. It offers Ground Grab for quick Ground Balance adjustment and I can also manually tweak the GB setting as desired.

I know it's limitations so I know it is not a primary-use detector for very dense iron contaminated sites, and those often plague many parts of the older Relic Hunting locations I enjoy searching. However, I have used the F44 after I got it in a few ghost town settings in low-target areas away from the very dense iron litter and made some decent small-target finds.

For me and my wants-and-needs, the Fisher F44 is a very useful fit for a lot of my 'average' urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting places.

Monte

Just as an additional semi-topic comment. I also own and use two other First Texas Products that I have acquired in the past month to six-months. They are not a Fisher label, but from the same parent company now, FTP, and those are a former favorite urban coin shooter model, the Teknetics Omega 8000, which also uses a 7" Concentric coil. The other is the newer release Teknetics T2+ that I keep a 5" DD coil attached.

So with the two Fisher F44's and two other favorite models I enjoy, I own and use 4 FTP products. Mostly for city-type Coin Hunting applications, and the Tek. T2+ for those and some of the more challenging iron contaminated old sites and working in and around closely associated modern non-ferrous trash due to the brisk target recovery speed.

In years past I have owned other Fisher products, from the Fisher Orion 121 TR back in April of '72 on up through the years to includes a few other older models, several CZ's, of which the CZ-5 was my favorite. And in more recent years I have had three or four of the different F75 versions.

You didn't indicate what your particular interest was in the Fisher product line, such as what it would be used for or the type of hunting sites you'd want to take it, or how much you wanted to invest, so my answers were only specific to what I own and like to use for particular applications

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: 3 models .. Teknetics: 1 model
Tesoro: 2 models .. White's 1 model .. XP: 1 model
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Fisher anyone?

NWCindy 350 April 04, 2019 03:32PM

Re: Fisher anyone?

Cal_Cobra 135 June 01, 2019 09:57AM

Not currently.

UtahRich 158 April 08, 2019 07:30AM

Re: Not currently.

NWCindy 167 April 08, 2019 08:45PM

Rich (Utah), I have to agree about the CZ series.

Monte 207 April 08, 2019 08:30AM

Fisher-brand specifically? Yes, I have two of them.

Monte 219 April 07, 2019 10:27AM

Good comments thank you N/T

NWCindy 110 April 07, 2019 11:48AM

Re: Probably a question to ask on the Fisher & Teknetics Metal Detector Forum.

NWCindy 202 April 06, 2019 10:32AM

glabelle 195 April 06, 2019 10:47AM

NWCindy 206 April 06, 2019 01:25PM

NWCindy 185 April 06, 2019 01:23PM

Joel text , said go with eq 800 instead, all good N/T

NWCindy 122 April 05, 2019 10:09PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018