Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wont be long before the 5'' coil on the T2 comes out too play........

July 10, 2019 03:03AM
Just dusted of my old faithful T2 and getting it ready for the new detecting season,have had this detector since 2006/7 when they initially arrived here in the UK and without doubt its been my most productive machine by miles,but if i am honest it gradually became my backup detector when i bought the Deus many years ago,but even then since i also have added a Nox into my arsenal then its become a not very used machine of late.

But as the combines come out over the next month or so then the T2 with the 5'' coil and even the rare 6'' Coiltek coil will become the main machine/coil combination,stubble is being left slightly higher in recent years so only a small coil will get you close to the ground,the depth from this coil always blows me away,they are pretty deep for the size,but a small coil is the only real option when stubble busting,wheat and barley stubble is not all that harsh but OSR 'oil seed rape' stubble which is cut long as they only after the top of the crop so no real need to cut the stalks short,but OSR stubble is in my mind the worst detecting scenario going,it can cut your ankles and bottoms of your legs to pieces if you dont wear tall boots,basically its like very stiff cane but after it rains it does rot down some what.

This year though we have a new kid on the block for 'stubble busting' and that is the Equinox with the 6'' coil on,will be interesting on seeing how this multi freq machine works against my proven reliable T2,but feeling tells me it could take the crown that the T2 has held for well over a decade,but its still very early yet but the ability for multi freq or individual freq with the small coil i felt was always going to be the game changer for my style of detecting when the Equinox was launched,but the reason i held back on buying one was i use a minimum of a 12 month time duration criteria in buying anything,this is so that it gives it a long enough time duration so that any major flaws or design problems could start appearing and this has not been the case,well certainly not major issues.So as we left the 12 months criteria then i pulled the trigger and bought one,thus far its been a wise move,but the full new detecting season will give me answer of 'was i right or wrong'.

Will keep you updated on how my old faithful T2 and small coil performs as soon as the combines in the coming weeks are fired up,or will the Nox with the 6'' coil take that crown grinning smiley

Some of the tools of the trade that i use for different site situations here in the UK.

Equinox 600,Deusx2,T2,TDI Pro,Nexus MP,Nexus SE,Fisher TW-5 twin box,Mirage PI,Crossbow PI,Arado 120b,DFX and others.
Subject Author Views Posted

Wont be long before the 5'' coil on the T2 comes out too play........

RickUK 29 July 10, 2019 03:03AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018