Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

j.t.: Sorry I overlooked your questions the end of May.

July 24, 2019 05:38AM avatar
Here they are, and they relate to using the 4" Concentric coil on both the Fisher F44 and Teknetics Omega 8000.:

jmaryt
hi monte!
just curious! plan on using the 4 on the f-44 in your favorite
ghost town haunts?..maybe it can match what the
"turks" are doing?
Yes, I took both an F-44 and Omega 8000 along on the Welcome-to-Hunt Outing to Utah in May and to Nevada in June. The Utah outing was mainly an urban environment of Coin Hunting places. I did work the 4" Concentric coil on both models (these two FTP products share the same search coilsthumbs up) in some trashier urban settings, as well as one renovation work site with more bigger junk that was both ferrous and non-ferrous. The 4" Concentric worked as I expected, but this was more scattered trash. The bulk of the junk was smaller-size and non-ferrous, such as foil, tabs, and typical smaller-size discards.

I also have a 5" DD coil, keeping both coils on their own lower rods for quick in-the-field coil swaps on either model, and for different applications or needs. I like both the 5" DD and 4" Concentric coils, and in urban applications they can each show some individual strengths. The 4" Concentric coil was the more surprising of the two when I compared their depth-of-detection for such a smaller-size coil, keeping in mind that 'depth' isn't the more desired performance feature I look for in a smaller coil. It was just impressive when I looked at their overall performance.

As for the 'Turks', I have found very, very few detectors that can provide me matching field performance of my two favorite detectors for serious Relic Hunting use. Most fall way short of coming close in many side-by-side comparisons. I'll also say for all-around General Purpose hunting. The 'Turks' we are referring to are the models from Nokta, Makro, or the now combined Nokta / Makro Detector Technologies brand. And while I really like the performance of the Racer 2, Gold Racer, Impact and Anfibio out of the other models they offer, my absolute better performers are the Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic.

This is especially true with their smaller 'OOR' DD or 5" DD coils for hunting in the very tough, dense iron-debris ghost towns and similar sites. The FTP 4" Concentric and 5" DD coils work well, in urban Coin Hunting or more open areas with less nearby masking trash, but the detector circuitry just doesn't come close to the handling necessary for the terribly junky sites.

jmaryt
hi monte!
sorry! i did not notice your statement about using the f-44 with the 4" coil at wtho!
keep us posted on how that combo works for you in the "tight" iron
thanks!
The 4" and F-44 or Omega 8000 work 'OK' ... as long as the amount of iron debris is minimal, and unwanted trash is well spaced apart to let the coil and detector work acceptably. Get too much trash, especially ferrous based junk, and have it positioned too closely, and you'll see the performance drop off quickly.

To search in a very tight iron littered site, my two favorite 'Turkish' models are the FORS CoRe and FORS Relic, and to make a trio out of my trashiest environment devices I now have added the 'French' made XP ORX. Nothing else from a USA or foreign-to-us detector manufacturer provides comparable performance. I still enjoy my White's XLT and two favorite models from Tesoro, and they can all handle some Relic Hunting and urban Coin Hunting tasks quite well. But for TID units that are light and handy for most of my Coin producing searches around town, I also like having my Omega 8000 and F-44 in my Regular-Use Detector Outfit ... and having both the 4" Concentric and 5" DD coils at-the-ready as well.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: 4 models .. Teknetics: 1 model
Tesoro: 2 models .. White's 1 model .. XP: 1 model
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

j.t.: Sorry I overlooked your questions the end of May.

Monte 135 July 24, 2019 05:38AM

Re: j.t.: Sorry I overlooked your questions the end of May.

jmaryt 84 July 24, 2019 08:05AM

Here is an easy answer to your two replies:

Monte 91 July 24, 2019 10:31AM

Re: Here is an easy answer to your two replies:

jmaryt 83 July 24, 2019 08:49PM

Wondering about the 'Simplex and my thoughts? Go to the Nokta-Makro Forum. N/T

Monte 70 July 25, 2019 10:00AM

D&P-OR 73 July 24, 2019 10:50PM

jmaryt 124 July 24, 2019 11:07PM

D&P-OR 93 July 25, 2019 06:38AM

jmaryt 79 July 25, 2019 08:59AM

Re: j.t.: Sorry I overlooked your questions the end of May.

jmaryt 86 July 24, 2019 08:10AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018