Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New FTP land-based detector ideas for an excellent physical configuration.thinking

August 30, 2020 12:22PM avatar
Maybe if some have a group of detectorists get their thoughts together we could come up with some good hints for the folks who make the Teknetics and Fisher detectors? I was reading on a different website forum we're a couple of fellows complained about the T2 and F75 being too heavy and poorly balanced, and that suggests to me hey must be using larger than normal coils and / or extending the rod too far. I've used detectors now for over five decades and consider the T2 & F75 physical configuration to be one of the best balanced detectors I've ever used, with an ample - size arm cup to handle wearing sweaters jackets and coats.

Simplicity of operation with one knob and one button, other than the trigger toggle and on-off volume control, being used to make mode selections and function selections to be close to ideal.

I like the small housing under the arm cup with the rear mounted headphone jack and the use of for double a batteries to add to a very comfortable design, and logical or you could say functional feature designs.

So while I think they have an ideal physical package to work from, what do you, fellow consumers, think we ought to see from FTP that will bring us hey more modern and up-to-date detector design? They have a submersible water detector and there are plenty of choices on the market for those looking for a waterproof detector, and it's my feeling that we ought to see something a little more updated in the way of a land-based detector four all-around general-purpose detecting.

What functions or adjustment features are on the model, or models, that you currently use that you would like to see Incorporated on a new upper-end model to replace those two current top models from Teknetics & Fisher?

Just curious what others would like to see,

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Fisher F5; Garrett Apex; Minelab Vanquish 540; Nokta / Makro FORS CoRe, FORS Relic & Simplex +;
Teknetics T2+; Tesoro Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX; White's XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

New FTP land-based detector ideas for an excellent physical configuration.thinking

Monte 81 August 30, 2020 12:22PM

Re: New FTP land-based detector ideas for an excellent physical configuration.thinking

jmaryt 53 August 30, 2020 03:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020