Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'desertsmith', 'Thank You' for the various model comments.

October 27, 2020 05:13AM avatar
desertsmith
1. G2+ Easy to set up, ergonomics great, good separation, controllable in EMI It is new to me.
The G2, G2+ as well as Omega 8000 and 8500 all share that nice T2 grip design which is really comfortable and makes for great ergonomics. I agree about the separation ability of that 19 kHz model, and usually the EMI wasn't as bad as other models I tried at the same locations.

desertsmith
2. Omega 8000 light quick EMI nightmare at times I miss it.
From 3-'10 thru 8-'15 the Omega 8000 was my favorite urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting detector where I wanted Target ID. Very comfortable, and after the first month or so I had it I switched to the round 8" Concentric off a Delta. That made it an even better performing model for me than with the elliptical coil. I used the 5" DD in very dense litter, but otherwise the round 8" Concentric. Three years ago I picked up two Omega 8000's but switched to the round 7" Concentric coil, and for typical littered urban sites, that was by far my favorite coil on the Omega 8000. I let those Omega's go because I was thinning things down at the time as I had too many detectors. I missed them, but will state that they were a favorite C&J device .... that I mainly used away from challenging power sources because the EMI was very annoying. I had to use a lot of Sensitivity reduction to get them to calm down.

desertsmith
3 Patriot lots of settings and deepest of the lot. great with fisher 5 x10 and the Nels snake.
The F70 / Patriot is one of their models I haven't tried yet. Thought about it. But I usually had a T2 around so I was fine.

desertsmith
4. Gamma 6000 found more jewelry with it than the omega, it had that 8 inch CC coil that I should have used on the Omega in stead of trying the Sharp Shooter.
I had all of the Teknetics models ten years ago after I got my Omega and then started dealing in the brand. I found far more with my Omega (other than in tot-lots or ghost town / Relic Hunting sites) than I did the other models simply because I used it the most for Coin Hunting. Even more than my T2 in urban applications. The Gamma 6000 had the 8" coil, but I was already using it on my Omega. I preferred the ergonomics of the Omega, didn't like some adjustments on the Gamma, such as the Volume control, but wished the Omega was more EMI resistant like the Gamma was.

desertsmith
5. BH Landstar Used it for 7 years paid for itself every 1.5 years with clad and found lots of jewelry till it went dead. Found more gold jewelry than the top 4 detectors have all together. Of coarse it had that 8 inch cc coil. Lots more to find in the mid to late 90's.
I never owned one, but I used them at times since some friends had them or some who attended one of my seminars. Clunky-looking by today's standards, but for typical hobbyist Coin Hunting they worked fine in average sites. Glad to hear you enjoyed some success with yours.

We don't have the amount of lost coins to find these days in many places because too many people, young and old, don't get out and use our park and school playgrounds and sports fields like they used to. Sadly, that 'electronic era' struct after the '80s and slow-but-sure, there has been less loss to go look for. However, we never should give up hope because we have some very good detectors to use, and all we need to do is work them more patiently and finds some sites that have been overlooked.

Due to age and health limitations that have hampered my mobility, i have been transitioning back into more urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting this year, and that means I have been making adjustments in my detector group. I have been, and am, thinning out a lot of detectors as I trim the total number of devices I tote around or have on-hand in my den, and with the multi-model detector review I am working on, it looks like one Fisher model and one Teknetics model I recently purchased are going to be hanging around. It's now going to be their turn to help me find a lot of the left-overs out there.thumbs up

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Daily-Use Team: F5 w/7" Con. .. Apex w/5X8 DD .. Apex w/NEL 5" DD .. Vanquish 540 w/5X8 DD
Simplex + w/5X9½ DD .. Silver Sabre µMAX w/6" Con.
Special-Use Team: CoRe w/'OOR' DD .. Relic w/5" DD .. XLT w/6½" Con. .. Bandido II µMAX w/6" Con.
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80 .. N/M Green edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Users of Fisher and Teknetics. What are your favorite models and why?

Monte 65 October 26, 2020 08:47AM

Re: Users of Fisher and Teknetics. What are your favorite models and why?

D&P-OR 46 October 27, 2020 10:33AM

desertsmith 56 October 26, 2020 10:32PM

'desertsmith', 'Thank You' for the various model comments.

Monte 50 October 27, 2020 05:13AM

diggindeep 49 October 26, 2020 04:56PM

Would be Users of Fisher and Teknetics. What are your favorite models and why?

UtahRich 47 October 26, 2020 08:37PM

Absolutely the best ergonomics.thumbs up ... Of them I favor a T2 but you'd likely pick an F75.thinking N/T

Monte 34 October 27, 2020 06:04AM

Re: Would be Users of Fisher and Teknetics. What are your favorite models and why?

OregonGregg 49 October 27, 2020 05:53AM

Magic 8 Ball says:

UtahRich 45 October 27, 2020 11:44AM

mxt sniper 48 October 26, 2020 12:00PM

'mxt sniper', 'Thanks' and some thoughts and comments.

Monte 48 October 26, 2020 01:04PM

EL NINO 57 October 26, 2020 10:40AM

I'm surprised I don't see more adjusted prices on them.

Monte 44 October 26, 2020 01:27PM

More thinking to do.

OregonGregg 50 October 26, 2020 09:45AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 48
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 632 on November 18, 2020