Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unless we have some rare-weather in December that warms up ....

November 23, 2020 06:15AM avatar
... then it looks like tomorrow, Tuesday, might be our last chance to get some hunt-time in around here in far Eastern Oregon. NOAA had suggested we might have a chance for isolated snow showers tonight / today, then clear off later and be sunny on Tuesday and possibly get up to 43° out in 'Rippville' with a 5 mph wind after a 26° low. If all goes well and we don't get that possible inch of snow out there, OregonGregg & I are hoping to make a Tuesday run to try and have some end-of-the-year fun.

Looking ahead at what the weather forecasters guess, the rest of 2020 might just be set-aside for indoor detector cloning, coin cleaning, forum activity and a bit of research as it is going to be colder. As it is the ground is a bit frozen already so I am hoping we'll have the opportunity tomorrow for me to have a Two-Detector Day and work my Fisher F5 and 7" Concentric coil in a few places out there that I covered with other makes and models earlier this year. Otherwise it will only be a little urban Coin Hunting in a few spots here and there until spring arrives.

And I thought the line was 'tis the season to be jolly.' How can it be when it's too cold, frozen or even a blanket of white for some to make us hunker-down inside by the wood stove and only dream of getting out detecting?

Anyway, I hope we can make it out there because there are a couple of areas I hope to get into and check out the Ground Phase in two spots that was a bit of challenge for a couple of detectors I worked out there this past spring. Also hope to see some performance difference from working at 7.8 kHz compared with the 15 to 19 kHz units I used before. Never hurts to have and use a variety of differences (detectors or coils or frequencies) at times.

My plan is to put in a little time with the F5 and another new detector and its 5X8 DD coil out there. The last ghost town hunt for 2020.sad smiley

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted, for the tasks I'll take on.
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80 .. N/M Green edition
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2020 06:29AM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

Unless we have some rare-weather in December that warms up ....

Monte 80 November 23, 2020 06:15AM

Last Shot At Glory . . . . . Will Watch for the Reports . . . N/T

UtahRich 37 November 23, 2020 03:37PM

Re: Unless we have some rare-weather in December that warms up ....

Kickindirt 46 November 23, 2020 02:29PM

Bought a brand new T2+ and brand new NEL Super Fly, but ...

Monte 72 November 23, 2020 09:07PM

Re: Bought a brand new T2+ and brand new NEL Super Fly, but ...

Diggerhead 59 November 24, 2020 09:16PM

The New Super Fly eye popping smiley

UtahRich 61 November 24, 2020 10:30PM

It's the NEW Super Fly so it will take a little time.

Monte 57 November 24, 2020 09:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 72
Record Number of Guests: 632 on November 18, 2020