Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bought a brand new T2+ and brand new NEL Super Fly, but ...

November 23, 2020 09:07PM avatar
They didn't offer a purchase of warmer, comfortable, wind-free weather. If so I would have invested more on that.

Kickindirt
hey Monte did ya ever give that T2 and new Nel Superfly coil a go? The T2 was the one you got the superfly coil for right?

Yes, and I am working with it a bit now because I bought it to see how light weight it was as well as check the performance for a 'Depth of Detection Test' .... but it has been rainy on some sort-of warm days, and cold or cold and windy on others At 5:52 PM 'Rippville-time' it was 39° with a 3 mph wind. Dropping to 22° tonight, but the weather folks reduced the prediction for tomorrow to maybe 41°, and from Mostly Sunny to Partly Sunny with a snow shower possible tomorrow night and early Wednesday. A look ahead for two weeks has our highs in the 30's and lows in the Teens to low 20's making tomorrow our likely last chance to work in an hour or so of ghost town hunting in 2020.

But that's also a weedy and trashy location, as you know, and not where I want to use a bigger-size coil so the T2+ and Super Fly will continue to stay clean, dry and warm in my living room with all the other evaluation models. I'll likely just work the F5 w/7" Concentric, Apex w/5X8 DD 'Ripper' and Simplex + w/5X9½ DD. If accessible I'll work them in the same area near Phil's Place where I worked the 5X8 DD on the Vanquish 540 a few months ago (when it was dry and warm).

As for the NEL Super Fly, it is impressively lightweight and comfortable, and the balance is better than the stock 11" BiAxial because NEL put the rod-mount in the center where it ought to be. At the time I bought all the detectors and coils and accessories for the evaluations I planned, I had kicked the idea back-and-forth about hanging onto the T2+ because I really like it, and the arm cup is great for winter-wear. But the evaluations have been indoors so all the new models I bought are still 'new' and with my health as it is I just can't work as many wide-open areas like I used to, and I have those needs covered with the Simplex + w/round 11" DD and Apex w/8½X11 DD 'Raider'. If I keep the V-540 Pro Pack around I'll have that 9X12 DD as well, but I'm still considering it going on my thin-things-out list.

So when I get done with some evaluations on depth potential this holiday weekend, I might offer the brand new T2+ alone, or 'package' it with a practically new 5" DD I had and the brand new NEL Super Fly. Someone can give their-self a gift ahead of time, and do the same with the other new detectors or the very gently used ones I'm selling, too.

I've been in touch with a few people on other forums who have also acquired a Super Fly for a few different makes and models and everyone of them has also been impressed. It's a really nice coil, which helps me feel comfortable about getting their smaller 5" DD coils for my Apex and then nabbing one when they are out for the Simplex +.

Besides, some of you are used to putting in a lot of time with an 11" or 12" or 13" coil whereas I never had that much need in the very littered sites I hunted. Today, I just physically can't put in the time and effort like I could even a year or so ago, making smaller to mid-size coils the main ones I'll be using.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted, for the tasks I'll take on.
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80 .. N/M Green edition
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Unless we have some rare-weather in December that warms up ....

Monte 80 November 23, 2020 06:15AM

Last Shot At Glory . . . . . Will Watch for the Reports . . . N/T

UtahRich 37 November 23, 2020 03:37PM

Re: Unless we have some rare-weather in December that warms up ....

Kickindirt 46 November 23, 2020 02:29PM

Bought a brand new T2+ and brand new NEL Super Fly, but ...

Monte 71 November 23, 2020 09:07PM

Re: Bought a brand new T2+ and brand new NEL Super Fly, but ...

Diggerhead 59 November 24, 2020 09:16PM

The New Super Fly eye popping smiley

UtahRich 61 November 24, 2020 10:30PM

It's the NEW Super Fly so it will take a little time.

Monte 56 November 24, 2020 09:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 62
Record Number of Guests: 632 on November 18, 2020