Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First, Congratulations on acquiring a new-to-you F-75.

December 07, 2020 08:47AM avatar
Coinboy
Hi guys! After months of research and after a deal fell through on an etrac, I finally bought an F75.

Second, I think you've selected a detector model that is more comfortable, and easier to use for a lot of the urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting a young man of your age is likely to get involved in. The unit will definitely balance much better than an e-Trac and thus be less fatiguing. Just remember, regardless of make or model, every detector will have its own strengths and weaknesses and call for us to put in ample time to learn and master it. I wish you the best of success on that task.

Coinboy
It’s a used LTD version and comes with the stock coil, NEL sharpshooter 9x5, and NEL thunder 14x10. I can’t wait to start using it. Any tips or tricks I should know? Thanks!

Third, it's good that you got the F75 Ltd. version which give you the bP or 'Boost Process' function to enhance detection depth in trash-free areas. I've used the bP function on both an F75 Ltd, and a Teknetics T2's I've owned that also featured it. A T2 SE Ltd. and two T2+ devices. Using a good search coil and patiently working an open area with limited metal targets to interfere it definitely improved depth-of-detection of the coins in a little deeper-than-average range. By that I mean deeper than 'average' for an F75 or T2 in their standard modes.

Both the F75 and T2 look similar and balance similar as they used the T2 physical platform to fashion the Fisher F75. Also, they both operate at about 13 kHz, but their search coils do not interchange so use caution there. Other than their looks and operating frequency, and the simplicity of a one knob and one button control display face, these two models are different. Of the two my favorite was the T2, preferring the last issue T2+. Part of that was because I was more comfortable with the VDI display arraignment and Target ID break-down. Just a personal thing, plus a few circuitry design features that keep it 'simpler' than the F75 Ltd.

I had two F75's through the years, and they worked OK for urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting tasks. So did my T2's of which I have owned about 4 original, a T2 Ltd, SE, 4 T2 'Classic's and 2 T2 +. Perhaps the only constructive comments I might have for you are these:

• On shallow to mid-depth targets I found the T2's and F75 to produce reasonably OK VDI lock-on for common US coins. However, beyond what I call mid-depth (coins in the 4" to 6" range) I found the VDI real-outs to me more jumpy or spread-out than many other makes and models I used.

• I live and hunt in a more mineralized environments than many and never found there two models to be great at depth-of-detection unless used in the bP functions with a mid-size to 'standard' size search coil. In bP performance was better in the open areas when I could reasonable gain improved depth without target masking.

• It's a personal thing, but I have never cared for the 11' BiAxial (just means Double-D) coil. Most of the time I hunted with any of these I used their smaller 5" DD to hunt in and around a lot of modern trash as well as debris in old homesteads and ghost towns. Matter-of-fact, the T2 w/5" DD was my primary small-coil detector for densely littered sites with abundant Iron Nails and other ferrous debris until January 8th of 2015 when I switched to a model that edged them out in performance in dense Iron.

• I only tried a couple of 'larger-size' coils on them, both were aftermarket I believe fro DeTech, and I was left a bit unimpressed. Again, it was just me in my bad ground and putting them up against other makes and models in my personal outfit. They kept a 5" DD mounted on them almost full-time. I did use a factory 5X10 DD that I found to have a nose-heavy feel, at least to me. I briefly handled the NEL Sharpshooter, a 5½X9½ open-frame DD and it felt better, but they didn't match the performance I got with a comparable 5X9½ DD open-frame coil on my Nokta CoRe or Relic or Nokta / Makro Anfibio. My Simplex + with that same-size coil might not get quite the depth but I had a little tighter VDI lock-on with the Simplex +.

• You asked for some comments or tips, so there you go. Please, don't take them all as negative because I'm simply sharing my personal experiences where I hunt, and also when I have compared them against a wide-range of different makes and models. Both the T2's and F75 have a really good following and for good reason,. They are very good detector, it's just than some of us like different things at times.

• My first suggestion is to do this: Start it out by turning it on and going directly to the Factory Default settings. Learn it in the 'default' setting first, and then learn-as-you go as you make different mode, tone and other setting changes. Get to know the F75 well, and, if you plan to hunt trash, I'd suggest getting a 5" DD coil. I think the F75 w/5" DD and the NEL Sharpshooter coils would make a really good 2-Coil outfit, at least until it is mastered.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
325-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted, for the tasks I'll take on.
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. N/M Green edition
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Bought a new (to me) F75 LTD

Coinboy 138 December 06, 2020 04:10PM

First, Congratulations on acquiring a new-to-you F-75.

Monte 110 December 07, 2020 08:47AM

Re: First, Congratulations on acquiring a new-to-you F-75.

Coinboy 130 December 07, 2020 11:05AM

Re: Bought a new (to me) F75 LTD

Timbertodd 83 December 07, 2020 08:11AM

Re: Bought a new (to me) F75 LTD

jmaryt 87 December 06, 2020 10:43PM

Congrats on the detector

OregonGregg 98 December 06, 2020 06:54PM

Re: Congrats on the detector

Coinboy 84 December 06, 2020 07:36PM

F75 LTD

UtahRich 102 December 06, 2020 04:43PM

Thanks Rich! N/T

Coinboy 80 December 06, 2020 05:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 37
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 859 on February 28, 2021