Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

F5 and Iron Nails as tested this evening resulted in ....

January 06, 2021 10:40PM avatar
... my firsts coin of the year .. a clad dime.

I took my F5 out when I checked my mail for medications, along with a 1½", 2½" and very thick 4" old 'square' nails. Checking for a clean spot to position the nails to test I had a signal and kicked a dime out of the dirt. So, that's #1 for 2021.

Then I placed all three Iron Nails on the ground to be swept from different directions. I worked my coil past the point of the nail, the head of the nail and the side o the nail.

On the F5 the ferrous / non-ferrous beak point if a VDI of '15', and all three Iron Nails produced a VDI of close to '88' but it varied from '7' to '9'. I just barely rejected them all using a Disc. setting of '9' or '10', and then swept past the point, head and body of the Iron Nails.. not one single 'false signal', I also ran the Disc. at '12' to '15'. I swept the coil from all directions, 365° so the Iron Nail could have a different influence on the EMF.

The Sensitivity was at '99' Threshold at '-3' and I didn't experience any false signals at all.

Perhaps it was working so well because I was using a round, 7" Concentric search coil? I know a lot of people do not like hunting in those types of iron-littered places with a DD coil, especially the 11" BiAxial DD coil.

Anyway, I gave it a try when I was still able to move and didn't have any issues.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted, for the tasks I'll take on.
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80 .. N/M Green edition
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

F5 and Iron

SvenS 49 January 06, 2021 08:48PM

Re: F5 and Iron

EL NINO 26 January 14, 2021 04:25PM

F5 and Iron Nails as tested this evening resulted in ....

Monte 38 January 06, 2021 10:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Guests: 632 on November 18, 2020