Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Fisher F5 is one of Three from Fisher in my 'I like them' favorite category.

March 21, 2022 12:59AM avatar
Those three models are the: F44 for someone on a budget and just getting started and isn't well-versed in features, adjustments and performance.

The remaining two? The F5 and the F75+, that latter which I just bought. I had a rough time trying to pick between these two to purchase, but the F75+ won out due to two or three things on my negative list for the F5.

jmaryt
hey everyone!
was wondering if anyone owns the fisher f-5?
Not right now. Parted with my last one I didn't have long due to health issues. Missed it. Tugged at myself trying to decide F5 or F75+ and went with the F75+ and I don't regret it. That said, I have had to shift to 85+% Coin Hunting now and just a little Relic Hunting in rough ground. The free coil isn't a biggie for me, because I have the 5" DD which I prefer, and the 4' Concentric in my tote. I plan to get another F5 either before I move, if I sell off a few detectors, or after I make my move and have some $$$ from the house sale to play with.

jmaryt
am kinda curious about it!
what do you like, and / or dislike about it? it's got me interested because they have quite
a deal going in the 'net for remaining stock! it sports a 7.8 kHz frequency, which is a "great"
silver frequency! the deal also comes with the 4" concentric coil too!
There are only these things I dislike about the F5:

• Location of the Headphone Jack
• Location use/difficulty of the Headphone Jack and Coil Connector.
• Balance and Top-Heavy feel with a heavier search coil.

Otherwise, it is a well designed model with very usable and accessible features and adjustment functions. Both Automated and Manual GB; 1, 2, 3 and 4 Tone ID choices; All Metal and motion Disc. modes with a very adjustable Discrimination control range; a lot of easy-to-see display info for needed settings and Ground Phase and Ground Balance read-out; ample search coil selection.

As I said, I plan to get another F5, and as usual, I like to keep one main-use coil on any detector I have. Some of them do not have a standard or any other coil in my tote, and a few I will use two search coils, usually a smaller-size and mid-size. I have the small 5" DD in my Accessory Coil Tote and plan to get the F5 and the Fisher 7" Concentric coil for it. That will be my main-use coil because I enjoyed the performance on my last F5 that I should have held onto. It will make a vey good complement to my current 'team' of detectors and coils.

The only other thing I need to buy are three or four NiMH rechargeable 9V batteries. Two for the F5 and a spare or two for other devices since I finally made the switch last year to NiMH rechargeables to get away rom AA Alkaline batteries. I have the 9V charger, so the blasted batteries will get me close to the cost of the F5!eye popping smiley

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my chosen makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
F75+ w/3½X6 .. Racer w/4.7X5.2 .. FORS Relic w/5" .. Silver Sabre µMAX w/6" .. Bandido II µMAX w/6"
Vanquish 540 w/5X8 .. Racer 2 w/5X9½ .. F19 w/5X10 .. Vista X (coming)
Pinpointers: Garrett AT Pro-Pointers .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2022 12:22PM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

f-5

jmaryt 612 March 20, 2022 06:38PM

The Fisher F5 is one of Three from Fisher in my 'I like them' favorite category.

Monte 312 March 21, 2022 12:59AM

Re: The Fisher F5 is one of Three from Fisher in my 'I like them' favorite category.

jmaryt 463 March 21, 2022 09:37PM

j.t., more comments on the F5, search coil selection, and field application.

Monte 321 March 22, 2022 02:31PM

Re: j.t., more comments on the F5, search coil selection, and field application.

jmaryt 152 March 22, 2022 09:01PM

j.t., my best answer to your questions about the F5 and ,Omega 8000 is this:

Monte 143 March 27, 2022 12:40PM

Re: j.t., my best answer to your questions about the F5 and ,Omega 8000 is this:

jmaryt 280 March 27, 2022 09:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17