Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

j.t., more comments on the F5, search coil selection, and field application.

March 22, 2022 02:31PM avatar
jmaryt
hi monte!
I was thinking that the 7" concentric is the "smart money" buy for the f5 too!
what I find intriguing is the "small money" the dealer is asking for it! appears it could be quite the "sleeper" in a coin hunting capacity with the 7" on board.

"Smart Money" is what we spend invest if we feel the product we are buying will satisfy our wants and needs. In this case, the Fisher F5, introduced sometime between 2009 and 2013, going by rough memory, and brought us a lot of features but retained a lot of the analog-style control adjustments. No doubt you are acquiring it from Detector Electronics, and I've done a lot of business with the through the years nd never had an issue. thumbs up. I go5t my last F5 from them with a few other detectors about a year-and-a-half or so back, and discussed the F5 with them since it had been discontinued at FTP. Detector Electronics had been an exclusive dealer for the F5 which has been a productive seller for them. They told me that they were about out and had just worked a new order and FTP was going to make a full production run of F5's just for them.

The "small money" for the cost is very attractive to us, the consumers, and there is a lot in the package in the way of adjustable functions and features and performance for the price paid. Having owned and used several of Fisher's round 7" Concentric coils on models like the Omega 8000 Ver.4, the F44 and the F5, I was very pleased with the performance for typical urban Coin Hunting applications. For me and my wants and needs, the F5 can add an extra detector option for Coin & Jewelry Hunting as I have several detectors now to tackle any Relic Hunting I might do these days.

In my case, while trying to maintain a limit of no more than 10 detectors in my personal outfit, I am going to need to trim a couple of the 10 I have since I am re-acquiring an old and very proven favorite detector now.

jmaryt
seems to be worth chasing! I especially like the 7.8 kHz frequency which "could" ,make silver "stand out " in the trash. its very close to whitey's 6.5 kHz frequency
which was truly a terrific "silver picker"!

Along with my favorite Tesoro's I have been using for 39 years this July, I have also done well with a few of White's 6.59/6.6 models, and back in 2015, after acquiring the Nokta FORS CoRe, I thinned out a lot of detectors, but for my continued urban Coin Hunting with a Target ID model, the Teknetics Omega 8000 Ver. 4 rewarded me with a really good number of coins, new and old, from my Coin Hunting sites. It was my preferred performer in the slow-motion category of all of them. The last ones I had, I mounted the 7" Concentric and it also proved to be a champion when it came to rounding up lost coinage.

Good low frequency to help on sliver coins and other high-conductive targets. That one of the reasons I like my Garrett Apex, because I can select the 5 kHz lower Frequency when I want to enhance performance with high-conductive targets ... and it does.

jmaryt
what do you know about it's ability to "separate" with the 7 on board? gonna try to see one up close with the 7 on board to determine
how well it's balanced.

'Separation' can be a tricky conversation because there isn't a particular 'standard' for comparison. However, in most typical urban search environments for Coin Hunting, I liked the F5 & 7" Concentric in those challenging places with a lot of modern trash.

Keep us posted, if you get the F5, and how it works out for you.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my chosen makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
F75+ w/3½X6 .. Racer w/4.7X5.2 .. FORS Relic w/5" .. Silver Sabre µMAX w/6" .. Bandido II µMAX w/6"
Vanquish 540 w/5X8 .. Racer 2 w/5X9½ .. F19 w/5X10 .. Vista X (coming)
Pinpointers: Garrett AT Pro-Pointers .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

f-5

jmaryt 612 March 20, 2022 06:38PM

The Fisher F5 is one of Three from Fisher in my 'I like them' favorite category.

Monte 312 March 21, 2022 12:59AM

Re: The Fisher F5 is one of Three from Fisher in my 'I like them' favorite category.

jmaryt 463 March 21, 2022 09:37PM

j.t., more comments on the F5, search coil selection, and field application.

Monte 320 March 22, 2022 02:31PM

Re: j.t., more comments on the F5, search coil selection, and field application.

jmaryt 152 March 22, 2022 09:01PM

j.t., my best answer to your questions about the F5 and ,Omega 8000 is this:

Monte 143 March 27, 2022 12:40PM

Re: j.t., my best answer to your questions about the F5 and ,Omega 8000 is this:

jmaryt 279 March 27, 2022 09:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16