Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just a follow-up on the three 19 kHz models.

June 14, 2022 11:36AM avatar
You would have to read through my above post to know I was referring to the Fisher F19, Teknetics G2+, and Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro. All the same detector Circuitry therefore the same performance afield.

I was going to shop for the TRP because I like the looks better than the plain F19. However, I came across a great deal on an F19 Ltd. Those were the original versions in the darker green camo, so I now have one in my Detector Team.

I am one of those who happen to like a good-performing detector with a processed audio, like my Nokta Relic in 3-Tone, but I also like to hunt in a 2-Tone audio w/VCO in any places and do so with my Relic.

The F19 will be a good complement with the standard 10" elliptical DD, and I also have their 5" on a spare rod for brushier, tighter conditions. It works okay, but can't bump my Relic in the way of performance in very dense Iron Nails.

For me the F19 will fill a second roll for some urban hunting. I rely on my Tesoro's w/6" Concentric coils for working most Tot-Lots close to all the metal structures, but not all of those playgrounds are tiny. Some are quite large with a lot of open area with woodchip material.

The F19 isn't as good as the Tesoro models in the most ferrous littered areas, but with the elliptical coil it is a very quick and functional tool to hunt the very open Tot-Lot areas.

Not a one detector does it all choice for me, but it is a nice addition to the other main-use detectors in my outfit.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my chosen makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
F75+ w/3½X6 .. Racer w/4.7X5.2 .. FORS Relic w/5" .. Silver Sabre µMAX w/6" .. Bandido II µMAX w/6"
Vanquish 540 w/5X8 .. Racer 2 w/5X9½ .. F19 w/5X10 .. Vista X (coming)
Pinpointers: Garrett AT Pro-Pointers .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Three Relic Hunting models I do like, often recommend, but also don't like.

Monte 392 May 27, 2022 11:15AM

Just a follow-up on the three 19 kHz models.

Monte 275 June 14, 2022 11:36AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13