Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Snake and the Shrew .. thinking thinking5

July 31, 2022 08:31PM avatar
Give them some thought and, if there is any way, try to compare either of them to the FTP 5" coil. I have tried them on some makes & models and they worked well, but on others the detector-maker's 5" was better.

I am not thrilled with the country the MAGIC coil comes from, but the quality and performance are impressive. If comparing another mid-size coil, the Nokta / Makro 5X9.5 works great and I found them to compare well against the Sharpshooter. Otherwise I agree with you and feel the Sharpshooter makes a nice addition for most any make / model. If I didn't have the 5X8 MGC coil I would get a Sharpshooter for my F-75+

I know I prefer to use a mid-size coil than a standard coil like a 7X11 or round 11", etc., and do not have a detector wearing a standard coil.

Too bad you didn't get a MGC 5X8 for the T2.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my chosen makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
F75+ w/3½X6 .. Racer w/4.7X5.2 .. FORS Relic w/5" .. Silver Sabre µMAX w/6" .. Bandido II µMAX w/6"
Vanquish 540 w/5X8 .. Racer 2 w/5X9½ .. F19 w/5X10 .. Vista X (coming)
Pinpointers: Garrett AT Pro-Pointers .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

My only aftermarket coil might see some Outing use.

Monte 175 July 31, 2022 10:04AM

Re: My only aftermarket coil might see some Outing use.

ScoTTT2 103 July 31, 2022 01:42PM

Re: My only aftermarket coil might see some Outing use.

kac 117 August 01, 2022 07:05PM

The Snake and the Shrew .. thinking thinking5

Monte 111 July 31, 2022 08:31PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17