Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Here's a new Forum to cater to those use, or are interested in, either of these FTP offerings.

July 15, 2018 06:15AM avatar
Adding individual brand Forums has opened up more discussion options for particular brands, new and old, and it is the 'old' part that really brings back memories. My fondest memories using a Fisher device go back to 1972 when I used, then acquired, my older brother Ed's Fisher Orion 121 TR model. That was the days of basic TR's and prior to TR-Discriminators hitting the market with the next progression in detector development.

With the specific brands it has had me thinking back to many favorite models I had, or to the era when Coin Hunting was so very productive almost anywhere we traveled. I've picked up two old Garrett TR models, and with the Fisher line I have owned and enjoyed several models through the many years I've been hunting, with several favorite at the time, like the Orion 121, the CZ-5 and kind of the current F19.

The Teknetics offerings date from the early 'original' Teknetics to the reborn Teknetics that came with the introduction of the T2. Of them all, my favorites were the red housing Mark I Ltd. I had, the Omega 8000 Version 4 and the T2 Classic. The Omega 8000 was perhaps my favorite urban Coin Hunting model from March of 2010 when I got mine through 2014. I narrowed it down to using only the round 8" Concentric and the small 5" DD coils to take care of all my Coin Hunting needs at various sites.

The T2 Classic was a favorite Relic Hunting detector in very iron littered sites or those with dense brush and building rubble when I kept the 5" DD coil mounted. I didn't/don't care for the 11" BiAxial coil, and liked the better TID response with the 5" DD as it was more stable and produced tighter VDI numeric read-outs.

Today, although my detector 'Team' is pretty much full with great-performing detectors, I am still likely to add a pristine condition Ver. 4 Omega 8000 for Coin Hunting, and definitely a T2 Classic or T2+ with the 5" DD coil mainly for heavily littered Relic Hunting sites.

Do YOU own and use a Fisher or Teknetics unit? Feel welcome to share your thoughts about either brand and which models and search coil set-up you prefer. Curious about Fisher or Tekneitcs? Ask away and I'm sure you'll get some helpful replies.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Here's a new Forum to cater to those use, or are interested in, either of these FTP offerings.

Monte 200 July 15, 2018 06:15AM

Rich (Utah) 158 July 18, 2018 07:04PM

thumbs up for the original Teknetics Mark 1.

Monte 139 July 19, 2018 05:37AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018