Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fond memories returning soon!

August 02, 2018 06:50AM avatar
Soon to arrive, hopefully by the end of next week, will be a Teknetics Mark I Ltd. As I trim some excess units from my detector battery I have also been acquiring some very nice specimens of older detectors that once were versatile models (at least some in their era) that I enjoyed owning and using. At this point later in life my physical abilities are not what they used to be, but my memory bank is very functional and as I relax more I get to spend more time remembering back to just how fun and rewarding this great hobby used to be.

So far, since the first week of July, I have bought or traded to add a Garrett Money Hunter TR-Disc. and Master Hunter TR-Disc. that date to right around the 1977 period. Restoring my two all-time top favorites from Tesoro, a Bandido II microMAX and Silver Sabre microMAX that were introduced almost twenty-one years ago. And even jumping on a deal for a more recent model that White's sadly discontinued, the MX-5.

Thanks to a referral I got, I am now hoping to fill one long-time void in my arsenal of favorite Teknetics detector models from the 'original' Teknetics family, the Mark I Ltd. I've been assured these specimens look to be in very good condition, all the battery clips appear to be fine, and when they were closeted a few years ago they were working fine. I have ample AA alkaline batteries on hand awaiting their arrival to check them out, and that also means checking out the expressions and hearing the questions of folks who are newer to this hobby and haven't ever seen those devices.

The Mark I Ltd. will be used in my seminars along with my other units to show the progress in physical detector design as well as circuitry advancements we have enjoyed to get to where we are today, and I'll also enjoy the onlookers when I am using a Mark I Ltd. afield. They were fun to use back-in-the-day and certainly will be enjoyable to hunt with today.

With the modern Teknetics and Fisher brands under one roof at FTP I can associate my start in using a Fisher with the Orion 121 TR I acquired from my older brother Ed. I hope readers will be successful in finding one or more detectors that they can enjoy using and have fun, and success, on their detecting jaunts.

Monte

PS: I'll update this post with photos after the Mark I Ltd.'s arrive and get checked out.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: 1, Nokta-Makro: 3, Teknetics: 1, Tesoro: 2, White's: 1
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2018 06:52AM by Monte.
Attachments:
open | download - Monte in Imbler 4-1972.jpg (590.4 KB)
Subject Author Views Posted

Fond memories returning soon! Attachments

Monte 406 August 02, 2018 06:50AM

Fond memories returning soon!

UtahRich 215 August 03, 2018 02:25PM

Rich (Utah), it is actually good luck with THEM!

Monte 262 August 03, 2018 05:44PM

Wow ! A pair of them . . that's awesome.

UtahRich 232 August 08, 2018 02:02PM

I'm just buying one Mark I Ltd.

Monte 297 August 09, 2018 09:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018