Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Anybody have a guess of what mid-to-upper end model we might see next from Fisher or Teknetics?

October 20, 2018 09:12AM
Hi Monte,
I will take a stab at that one.
As an owner of multiple Fisher CZ series when they were made in Los Banos, I had very good results with them but I found a few things on my wish list.
With the CZ's (CZX ?) the first item on my list is auto ground balance, (ground grab), and selectable ground tracking, not that the GB procedure was difficult, but why have a unit that you have to check and re-check constantly?
Second, the disc scale should be updated to a digital display, I personally prefer a color display as it adds another possible quick target recognition feature, allow user to assign both a tone and color to desired targets.
Providing an expanded discrimination scale range that covers the negative and positive regions is a must, with many more points of VDI, -99 to +99, and allow for notch at any number, or range of numbers as desired.
Third the tone ID feature should be selectable offering choice of single tone, two tone, three tone, four tone, and pitch, user assignable to where desired targets lie on the scale. VCO feature should allow for on or off in all metal and pin pointing. As regards pin point, under display trigger please and thank you, still the best position for it in my opinion, and put a waterproof rubber boot on it while you are at it.
Actually how about just an IP68 waterproof rated machine so it can be used for shallow water hunting and keep the option for hip or chest mounting.
Adding a Tone break selectable at multiple points on the disc scale and iron volume would also be very beneficial.
The all metal modes, non-motion and motion should display their VDI's and be coupled with the assignable tones and iron volume.
Note: I never hunted with anything disc'ed out when using a CZ as the iron range was necessary to check targets at a 90 degree cross sweep, good high tone both ways = dig, target drops down to iron on the cross sweep, move on.
Of course the multiple frequency feature must be retained or it wouldn't be a CZ, give us the option to run simultaneous frequencies, two, three, or potentially more, heck, why not? Allow us to select a single frequency as hunting conditions dictate.
For the new user package it with some preloaded modes like most other high end machines have, coin, coin & jewelry, relics, salt beach, custom and zero disc, and maybe 5 user modes for when they get more skilled. Keep the memory non-volatile so it retains your settings other than sensitivity and ground balance, and maybe a boost mode for those who hunt deep.
Back light display, with option to display in red for low light hunting, flash light LED for same, and clock to keep track of time.
Coils: 5" round, 7" round, 4x6 & 6x10 elliptical, 12" round, and please make both DD and concentric types available in each size.
Make absolutely sure that it is well shielded from the effects of EMI.
Last keep the ground select available,allow for salt, normal, and black sand/alkali choices.
Last keep the menu interface as simple as possible, no multiple drop down menus, maybe button and knob like the F75.
Does anyone else wish they could order their detector like a car or truck by specifying which options the want on their personal machine?
Any other CZ users or past users feel free to chime in.
Cheers,
Drew.
Subject Author Views Posted

Anybody have a guess of what mid-to-upper end model we might see next from Fisher or Teknetics?

Monte 239 August 21, 2018 05:56AM

Re: Anybody have a guess of what mid-to-upper end model we might see next from Fisher or Teknetics?

Druid 135 October 20, 2018 09:12AM

mxt sniper 139 October 20, 2018 12:07PM

jmaryt 181 August 21, 2018 09:57AM

Hummm, that "multi-frequency" topic was sure to come up. confused smiley

Monte 203 August 21, 2018 12:28PM

Re: Hummm, that "multi-frequency" topic was sure to come up. confused smiley

jmaryt 160 August 21, 2018 09:48PM

mxt sniper 180 August 22, 2018 03:35PM

jmaryt 174 August 22, 2018 04:53PM

Patents - What does Fisher have out there - Manta

Rich (Utah) 177 August 23, 2018 09:11PM

Re: Patents - What does Fisher have out there - Manta

jmaryt 180 August 23, 2018 11:36PM

Manta

Rich (Utah) 178 August 24, 2018 10:18PM

Re: Manta

D&P-OR 179 August 25, 2018 06:05AM

Re: Manta

Rich (Utah) 162 August 25, 2018 10:57AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 36
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018