Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Omega for a newby? thinking Well, it depends on what they want to do.

October 25, 2018 04:37PM
Hi Monte,
thanks for the thoughtful reply. As you surmised the detector is intended for my niece in Ontario.
I don't think she will be doing any relic hunting for some time unless she joins a club out there and finds a mentor.
I expect she will be coin shooting in parks and school grounds, and the many freshwater beaches.
I was looking at the Omega 8500 but as you point out it isn't getting a lot of love from those who have owned the 8000 in the past.
I find it hard to shop for entry to mid-level detectors as I tend to gravitate to the higher end offerings.
Basically I am looking for an easy to figure out and operate detector that has decent performance and is light weight.
I would like to get her into a Nok/Mak unit, but at her price point of around $500 I only see the Racer 2 as a potential candidate. Strange that what was a ground breaking detector only a couple of years ago is now being sold off at a considerably high rate and at a pretty low price point. Do you think a Racer 2 is too much detector for a total newbie?
I know that in general you are not a Garrett man but what do you think of the Ace 400 as a starter machine for her?
Subject Author Views Posted

Teknetics Omega for a first detector?

Druid 249 October 22, 2018 10:15AM

Omega for a newby? thinking Well, it depends on what they want to do.

Monte 178 October 23, 2018 09:06AM

Re: Omega for a newby? thinking Well, it depends on what they want to do.

Druid 161 October 25, 2018 04:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018