Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: My XP Gold MAXX experiences.

February 27, 2019 11:03AM
Monte,the Gold Maxx Power or GMP as its often shortened too was for many years the most popular detector not only here in the UK but possibly Europe as well,superb in amongst iron and would pluck out silver hammered coins like a Vacuum Cleaner hence it is often called by owner the 'Hammy Hoover',its still a very popular machine but of cours the Deus stole the crown for the most popular detector but in the next year or so that crown will be passed over too the Nox range of detectors.

I think i am right in saying that it did not pass certain US criteria which was elated to the wireless headphones as although the wireless headphones was optional the transmitter was inbuilt onto the circuit board of the GMP,so that is why i was never available as such in the US,but of course some machine can be bought and shipped into the US but not via dealers.

The GMP was originally sold with a standard 'S' shaped shaft but later one had the Deus shaft design which if i am honest makes it a very desirable combination.

One of the all time legend machine that XP produce,but saying that the original Gold Maxx still has a massive following and many owners prefer the original one over the Power version.The GMP or original Maxx are absolutely terrible on wet sand so not recommended but give it a decent inland site including really trashy sites it will still beat many many modern machines,it excels on trashy sites and plucks out silver coins or infact almost anything like a Vacuum Cleaner.

Some of the tools of the trade that i use for different site situations here in the UK.

Equinox 600,Deusx2,T2,TDI Pro,Nexus MP,Nexus SE,Fisher TW-5 twin box,Mirage PI,Crossbow PI,Arado 120b,DFX and others.
Subject Author Views Posted

Ask and ye shall receive!smiling smiley

Druid 125 February 26, 2019 01:27PM

My XP Gold MAXX experiences.

Monte 104 February 27, 2019 06:11AM

Druid 93 February 27, 2019 01:56PM

RickUK 76 February 27, 2019 11:03AM

Re: Ask and ye shall receive!smiling smiley

Kickindirt 83 February 26, 2019 03:03PM

Druid 112 February 27, 2019 02:01PM

Kickindirt 91 February 27, 2019 11:35PM

Druid 72 February 28, 2019 01:10PM

Druid 82 February 26, 2019 11:28PM

RickUK 119 February 26, 2019 01:35PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018