Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A UK Deus user.............

February 26, 2019 01:51PM
Have been using the Deus for many years,and it was and still is i guess the No1 machine user wise still but i fear that crown will be take from the Deus by the Nox users,but i wont be buying the Minelab machine.

Actually i dont own 1 Deus i own 2 full units,one as my main everyday use machine mainly because of it being very light and also because it works well especially on my permission,great for everyday use and relatively easy setting up as well,once everything is dialled into the controller then its saved in a spare slot,so everytime its basically a switch on and go machine.

Most folks use the latest software ie v5.1 and also the latest coils,but me i still use what i think is the best software and that is the original version 2 yep you read that right v2,i still think its the best audio version going,i never use the control box for anything else aprt from fine tuning when out detecting,the controller stays in my pocket and is used solely as a 'audio' only machine,that way i let my ears and spade do the work for me,so i will dig some bad targets but saying that i very rarely miss the best targets as i basically dig everything.

Of course we all detect differently but i have found what works for me,over the last couple of years i have changed over and mainly use 7'' or smaller coils but alas the smallest round coil that i can use on the Deus is the 9'' black LF coil,dont like the latest coils,still prefer my old faithful 9'' LF coil running 12khz,runs as smooth as anything,also use the WS5 full cup headphones,mainly so i dont miss those deep whisper signals as those are often the best and most desirable ones,have found a few celtic gold staters as a result of those whsiper signals that most folks would have possibly missed,of course during the summer months when its hot then i will often use the blue over the ear XP wired headphones which are not only cheap as chips for backup headphones but the audio quality is mind blowing for the price of them,i still say thaey are better than wired ones costing many times more,they are that good,always carry 2 sets of these xp wired headphones for not only hot weather but also general back ones.

Some of the tools of the trade that i use for different site situations here in the UK.

Equinox 600,Deusx2,T2,TDI Pro,Nexus MP,Nexus SE,Fisher TW-5 twin box,Mirage PI,Crossbow PI,Arado 120b,DFX and others.
Subject Author Views Posted

A UK Deus user.............

RickUK 126 February 26, 2019 01:51PM

Rick, great info here and in your follow-ups below.thumbs up N/T

Monte 100 February 27, 2019 06:17AM

Re: A UK Deus user.............interesting

Kickindirt 88 February 27, 2019 12:26AM

Re: A UK Deus user.............interesting

RickUK 107 February 27, 2019 01:45AM

Re: A UK Deus user.............

Druid 94 February 26, 2019 11:32PM

Re: A UK Deus user.............

RickUK 100 February 27, 2019 01:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018