Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Back to you, Rich, and relating it to the XP 'brand.'

March 02, 2019 05:23AM avatar
Since this is on the XP Metal Detectors Forum I'll try to keep my replies related to this as they pertain to your post.

Over time, both the industry and our personal well being changes, and the more I age and encounter struggles from falls and other ailments, I've continued to make changes in my Detector Outfit as I move to lighter-weight and better-balanced detectors. For forty-eight years I've maintained an arsenal of two-or-more detectors to have better model choices for different applications. Occasionally less than five-or-six units, but generally closer to ten or so. It's not uncommon for me to have two of one particular model just so I can keep different coils mounted and at-the-ready. I'd rather just grab the detector/coil combinations when I'm at a site than tinker around with search coil changes.

From the first photos and early reports here in the USA about the XP Deus I was kind of interested because it 'looked' to be light and balanced. My interest was they might work for me and my hunt sites, but in this respect except they didn't offer any search coils in the smaller-size like I prefer to use most of the time.

Several years back I was provided an XP Gold MAXX to evaluate and, from a performance standpoint, I liked what it could do in the nail infested old ghost towns I most enjoy searching. The Deus later came available for retail here, but not only didn't it have smaller-size coils, the price tag was well beyond what I could afford to pay.

While some things about the design bothered me, such as lack of smaller coils, the cost for search coils, and the built-in battery system for three different components, the XP Deus did display very quick response and fast recovery. That is performance I prefer from most of my detectors. Another thing that appeals to me is 'Simplicity.' We can look at so many detectors that have been offered this past decade or two, and especially today, that have, what I consider, an excess of adjustment functions.

I have a really nice detector outfit and don't see a real need to add anything new, however ....There are two models that interest me a lot, even to the point of wanting to get them to give a fair chance to prove to me what they can do for my wants and needs. One of those is the XP ORX.

I don't have $$$ burning a hole in my pocket right now, but as I sell off some of my excess detectors (those other than the 10 units in my Regular-Use Outfit) I'll set some of it aside to get an XP ORX. Yes, that's true. In two paragraphs in a row I've committed my plan to get an ORX. It might take a month or two as I have some other commitments I have to deal with, plus I want to give it a chance to make sure there aren't any bugs in this new model. Probably shouldn't be since it's based on the proven Deus model.

It will be tough for me to figure out how one might make a good 'fit' in my detector team, but that's part of the fun in evaluating anything new and different. I might end up keeping the device, or it might be one of the units off to the Buy/Sell/Trade group. confused smiley

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Racer 2 and Simplex+
Tesoro: Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX .. XP: ORX
Specialty-Use Outfit: Fisher: F-44 .. White's: XLT and modified IDX Pro
Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Grey Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Two points of interest regarding the XP Metal Detectors Forum

Monte 234 March 01, 2019 06:02AM

Interest regarding the XP Metal Detectors Forum

UtahRich 138 March 01, 2019 01:15PM

Back to you, Rich, and relating it to the XP 'brand.'

Monte 167 March 02, 2019 05:23AM

XP Deus and the New ORX

UtahRich 163 March 02, 2019 04:34PM

Re: Monte and bugs

Kickindirt 146 March 02, 2019 07:23AM

Thanks, Joel. It will be interesting, and who knows the outcome??? N/T

Monte 146 March 02, 2019 09:23AM

Re: Now your talking Monte!!!

Kickindirt 135 March 02, 2019 07:12AM

A Surprise.

OregonGregg 147 March 02, 2019 06:47AM

The XP ORX will, at least, provide some entertainment.smiling bouncing smiley

Monte 140 March 02, 2019 09:20AM

Re: The XP ORX will, at least, provide some entertainment.smiling bouncing smiley

Kickindirt 164 March 02, 2019 09:37AM

Re: The XP ORX will, at least, provide some entertainment.smiling bouncing smiley

D&P-OR 157 March 02, 2019 10:22AM

XP ORX Display. Differs from the Deus.

UtahRich 140 March 10, 2019 11:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 40
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018