Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What CAN it do that we need? What CAN'T it do for sites we hunt?

March 03, 2019 06:53AM avatar
What features does it offer that are Simple, Functional and provide ample in-the-field Performance? Does it have adjustment functions that are EXCESS to the point of being UN-FUNCTIONAL, which is something we have seen on detectors since ±1990?

Is it over-priced with what it offers? Do we hunt a variety of sites where this new model offering, or its older sibling the Deus, has any real usefulness for us and our hunting that would be markedly better than makes and models and search coils we currently own and use? Is these something about the physical design or the audio or performance that just doesn't seem to be a nie 'fit' for us?

These are the same sort of questions I ask myself about any make or model I get my hands on to check out. Don't get me wrong on my interest in the XP ORX. I'm interested, and I plan to get one to evaluate, but I'm not in a mad-dash hurry to get to the front of the line to do so. I simply mean that I haven't been impressed with a lot of things about the Deus, which is why I never bought or traded for one, and I could have several times over.

I'm just curiously interested in the ORX because it might provide comparable performance to the Deus and at a much more affordable price, and not have a lot of 'fluff' in the adjustment department. I currently own and use 2 Nokta CoRe, 2 Nokta Relic and 2 Fisher F44 twins that each sport a smaller and medium-size coil for different needs. In addition I have a Teknetics T2+ w/5" DD, Omega 8000 w/7" Concentric and 2 Tesoro's that each have a 6" Concentric in the Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX. Some of them do not do well on my Test Sample stack of big silver coins, but some do. And most of them, and others I have tried so far, can't get 4-out-of-4 hits on my tough Test Sample that is just one decorative button-front and one old nail. So far, nothing matches the results of the CoRe and Relic on that iron test.

For quick work in tot-lots an ORX sure isn't a necessary device, nor does it have a smaller coil. For day-to-day searches in a grassy yard, park or school it will work, and so with most detectors that are made. Now, when it comes to handling rough-texture pasture land or range land, working in dense wooded areas, taking on the very iron-challenging ghost towns and other old-use places, we each have to try one and see if it can better what we are using now. The only way for me to know is to work an ORX side-by-side against what I use with a comparable size and type search coil.

Time will tell.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(1), Tesoro:(4), White's:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

XP DEUS VS ORX

Kickindirt 114 March 02, 2019 11:20AM

Re: XP DEUS VS ORX

D&P-OR 94 March 02, 2019 11:52PM

Re: XP DEUS VS ORX

Kickindirt 74 March 03, 2019 12:32AM

Where to Start?

Rich (Utah) 69 March 03, 2019 12:54AM

What CAN it do that we need? What CAN'T it do for sites we hunt?

Monte 79 March 03, 2019 06:53AM

Re: What CAN it do that we need? What CAN'T it do for sites we hunt?

Elbert 77 March 03, 2019 10:07AM

Can I explain why the big silver stack test? Certainly.

Monte 74 March 04, 2019 12:40PM

Re: Can I explain why the big silver stack test? Certainly. Definitely eye opening! N/T

Kickindirt 55 March 05, 2019 02:30AM

Re: Can I explain why the big silver stack test? Certainly.

Elbert 66 March 04, 2019 10:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018