Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Very good video, informative, and points out what I said a year ago. BUT....

March 04, 2019 03:24PM avatar
There is just one correction to make and try this same test comparison again with your XP Deus.

The Good News:

You verified the cause of the problem, that I described last year, was associated with the Ground Balance setting in the search mode.

Second, and this is a very good point, you confirmed that with the XP Deus the Ground Balance setting is directly associated with the Discriminate mode of operation.thumbs up Quite a few detectors on the market aren't designed that way.

The Not-so-Good News:

Your video was excellent. You have a very clear voice, you positioned the control housing so viewers could see the Ground Balance setting display, and you used the same 90% Silver US coins like in my 'short stack.' That is, 5 Silver Half-Dollars stacked on top of a Silver Dollar ... but there is one difference that could be a factor to consider when it comes to performance:

You used coins that were carded in 2X2's and that meant there was cardboard and plastic film between each coin. Therefore, they were not touching. So while the coins were grouped in a stack, that eliminated the opportunity to have the greater effect of those coins uncarded so that all of the coins will be making direct, metal-to-metal, contact. That would simulate a typical stack as if someone had them so positioned when hidden.

If they were all touching and in a stack, it would become a much higher-conductivity sample that would be more natural. I'd really like to see you duplicate your excellent video just the same, except un-card the coins and stack those naked coins atop each other.

Also, sweep the search coil directly over the stack so the center-axis of the coil is passing over the stack. It the coil is too far forward or rearward you can get a possible better signal due to the 'edge-pass' effect, especially when they GB is too high and the Silver-stack isn't responding well.

We have another week to go until it looks like spring will arrive. Getting our last bit of colder wind today, rain and snow possible from tonight through Friday morning, then later next week we should shift into the mid to even the upper 50's. I hope you'll have some improved weather your way soon, but in the meantime, I'd really appreciate seeing a repeat of your excellent video but using bare-naked Silver coins. I'd wager that you'll see some different results.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: F-44, Nokta-Makro: FORS CoRe and FORS Relic, Teknetics: Omega 8000,
Tesoro: Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX, White's: XLT, XP: ORX
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Xp Deus VS MONTE'S Silver Stack Test

Kickindirt 142 March 03, 2019 06:43PM

Re: Xp Deus VS MONTE'S Silver Stack Test without thumbs upcardboard 2x2s

Kickindirt 63 March 05, 2019 08:35PM

Very good video, informative, and points out what I said a year ago. BUT....

Monte 97 March 04, 2019 03:24PM

PS: The other question is: Will a workable GB setting also be useable in the sites you hunt?eye rolling smiley

Monte 101 March 04, 2019 03:38PM

Re: PS: The other question is: Will a workable GB setting also be useable in the sites you hunt?eye rolling smiley

Kickindirt 93 March 04, 2019 03:53PM

Kickindirt said: "Will see, this has really peaked my interest."

Monte 109 March 05, 2019 04:57AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018