Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

XP Deus Demo thumbs up

April 11, 2019 06:46PM avatar
Today I had the opportunity to meet up with Kickindirt (Joel), one of the newest XP dealers in the US, (congrats) and to test drive his XP Deus.

Joel was in town with family and was kind enough to take some time out of his travel plans to meet me over at an old local park. I was hoping to get an idea of the operation and feel of a Deus.

Joel had his Deus set up with the 13"x11" LF coil, Factory DEEP program, 17.4kHz, WS4 headphones. Sensitivity was 90+. I also got to use his XP pinpointer, which is also wireless and when turned on, the XP controller switches from the coil to the pinpointer so you hear the audio of the pinpointer in your headphones.

Joel turned the reins over to me and off I went, like a new driver learning how to drive a stick shift. How was it? eye popping smiley

Having NEVER used a Deus before, I was expecting confusion. Not so. Off I went and within 10 minutes felt like I had a good idea of the relation between audio and a target under the coil. Despite being a large coil, which I generally don't care for, I found it easy to pinpoint in the search mode and simple to press the pinpoint button and isolate.

I really like the audio Joel had selected. FULL TONES. Very smoooooth. The tone was variable, depending on the conductivity of the target. The amplitude of the tone would start low, ramp up as you were directly over a target and then fade as you moved the coil away. It was very modulated and pleasant.

I started looking for a few deeper targets, not concerned about what they might be, but just wanting to get a feel for depth, ID capability and what the audio sounded like with a deep target Joel had me using the 'Horseshoe' display where the depth is displayed as well as the ferrous / conductive characteristics of the target. I was looking for targets 'just' registering on the tip of the horseshoe (max depth) and having a conductivity in the higher foil range on up.

First target. I picked up 1/2 of the ring pull section of a pull tab, apparently sheared by a mower. It was 7 1/2 - 8" deep and oriented vertical. Yet it gave a very nice smooth compact signal and was close to a nickel reading. I pinpointed this easily.

Another was a small wad of foil about the size of your pinky fingernail. It sounded deeper than it was, only 4". It was reading just below nickel and I was hoping for a woman's gold ring. A couple more targets were deeper old style pull tabs, as I expected.

I have to admit that I lost track of time and I guess it was about an hour that we searched around an area I've been hunting lately. Joel had used up his kitchen pass and needed to get back to the family. But the time was well spent on my part. I gained a giant step of respect for a detector that I knew little about, and was somewhat skeptical of until I began taking a closer look the last couple months. I can see why it has become so popular in many areas.

Thanks again to Joel for the generosity of his time and letting a rookie have a go with his detector. Hope I didn't grind the gearbox too much. confused smiley

If you'd like to have a closer look, I'm sure Joel would be happy to show you what the Deus is all about if you're at the upcoming WTHO Monte has planned for Odgen, UT. Look forward to seeing all of you there.

Rich (Utah)

XP Deus
MI6 Pinpointer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2019 06:47PM by Rich (Utah).
Subject Author Views Posted

XP Deus Demo thumbs up

Rich (Utah) 84 April 11, 2019 06:46PM

Very good report, Rich. thumbs up

Monte 54 April 12, 2019 07:46AM

Nice little write up!

GISGUY 50 April 12, 2019 07:42AM

Re: Nice little write up! Welcome BUDDY!! N/T

Kickindirt 35 April 12, 2019 08:47PM

Re: XP Deus Demo thumbs up Attachments

Kickindirt 48 April 11, 2019 08:16PM

So nice to hear you two got together good story N/T

NWCindy 47 April 11, 2019 07:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018