Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: XP Deus - Experience and thoughts from Deus Users -

April 22, 2019 07:43AM
Hi Rich,

Welcome to the dark side! I'm not as seasoned with the Deus as Joel, but I've had my Deus a good 3 years now. It really is a versatile machine, and if you take the time to learn it, I think you'll be very pleased. It's incredibly lightweight, compact, easy to swing, and very, very adjustable.
Where do I use my Deus? Pretty much everywhere besides water. I find it does really well in areas we like to hunt (ghost towns, mining camps, and other old abandoned places).
The coil I used the most is the 5x9 HF elliptical, typically in 28 khz. I have a 9" LF and just got the 11" x35 coil. I'll be using that one this week in New Hampshire. Initial use and testing show it's deep and stable. These new x35 coils are expensive ( big down side) but worth considering because of the multiple frequencies they offer. (3.5 - 28.8).
Joel will probably have better advice on settings, but generally I hunt with a modified Deus fast program. I can get you my exact settings if you want them, but generally, the Deus fast program, and perhaps now with the new 5.2 version the Deus Deep program are going to be Good starting points.
I typically hunt in 5 tones, and I know Joel prefers the multiple tone setting. It's too much for my feeble brain to handle,but gives you a lot of audio information, if you put the time in to learn it.
Audio is something worth mentioning about the Deus. Though it has a tons of functions, and you can get it to act and sound multiple ways, the key to mastering the Deus in my opinion is learning the audio. It tells you a lot.
Another item worth mentioning, that has truly impressed me with XP, is how often they come out with firmware updates. Usually this would be bug fixes, and you hope to not see that many, but with the Deus, they are actual upgrades, adding new features, programs, and new product capabilities. (Free of charge)
I'd also recommend as an accessory considering the MI-6 pin pointer. It syncs to your control unit and you hear it through the headphones. Has 50 levels if sensitivity, two different tones styles, and various other features.
I've always used the WS4 backphones myself. The big headphones have never interested me because I hunt in the heat.
Hope that answers some of your questions. The Deus is one of my favorite detectors. (Though I'm really liking my new Anfibio as well).
Cheers!

Ryan
Subject Author Views Posted

XP Deus - Experience and thoughts from Deus Users -

UtahRich 107 April 21, 2019 08:12PM

Kickindirt 63 April 22, 2019 11:11AM

GISGUY 70 April 22, 2019 07:43AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018