Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

XP adventure

May 14, 2019 10:53PM avatar
Discussions regarding the XP by Kickindirt and others has piqued my curiosity so when a club member said he bought one and didn't like it I asked if I could "test drive" it. The first time I used it I took it to an old school site I know has been hunted by many others and I have hunted there with an MXT, a Racer 2, and a Nokta Relic. That day I found a War nickel, a 1942 P.

Today I went back to the construction site where I found a 1909 V nickel a couple weeks ago and found the pictured items. Naturally, I went back to the area I found the nickel and worked the area, hoping to repeat my previous luck. I found a couple buttons and one of the suspender parts but I was having difficulty with rusty tobacco cans and old Copenhagen can lids.

I messaged Kickindirt for suggestions and continued to hunt the area using his advice. I also changed settings from Basic 1 to GM Power and noticed a significant improvement in the number of targets I was finding (I was digging everything, trying to learn what the detector was telling me.). On the way back to the Jeep I went back through the same area, using the new setting and switching to Deus Fast to check the difference in reading.

I was shocked by the number of targets I found as I went back through the same area I had just been through an hour before! And I had also searched this same area a couple weeks ago with the Relic. I am truly amazed.

This XP has the 11" coil but it seemed to do fine in the medium amount of trash at the site, and it is a dream to swing as the balance and weight (or lack of it) is very comfortable.
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpeg (126.8 KB)
Subject Author Views Posted

XP adventure Attachments

Remfire 225 May 14, 2019 10:53PM

Re: XP adventure

NWCindy 105 May 18, 2019 10:10PM

Kickindirt 148 May 15, 2019 08:36PM

OregonGregg 120 May 15, 2019 05:45AM

XP adventures

UtahRich 157 May 15, 2019 12:22AM

Re: XP adventures

Remfire 133 May 15, 2019 07:38AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 39
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018