Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

XP adventures

May 15, 2019 12:22AM avatar
Hey Remfire,

Kickindirt let me borrow his Deus for an hour or so last time he was in town. Have to admit that I really liked how he had it set up. They're slowly gaining popularity in the US as being really great at unmasking targets. Seems you've found similar results.

So did your friend find a buyer for his detector? grinning smiley

Rich

Remfire
Discussions regarding the XP by Kickindirt and others has piqued my curiosity so when a club member said he bought one and didn't like it I asked if I could "test drive" it. The first time I used it I took it to an old school site I know has been hunted by many others and I have hunted there with an MXT, a Racer 2, and a Nokta Relic. That day I found a War nickel, a 1942 P.

Today I went back to the construction site where I found a 1909 V nickel a couple weeks ago and found the pictured items. Naturally, I went back to the area I found the nickel and worked the area, hoping to repeat my previous luck. I found a couple buttons and one of the suspender parts but I was having difficulty with rusty tobacco cans and old Copenhagen can lids.

I messaged Kickindirt for suggestions and continued to hunt the area using his advice. I also changed settings from Basic 1 to GM Power and noticed a significant improvement in the number of targets I was finding (I was digging everything, trying to learn what the detector was telling me.). On the way back to the Jeep I went back through the same area, using the new setting and switching to Deus Fast to check the difference in reading.

I was shocked by the number of targets I found as I went back through the same area I had just been through an hour before! And I had also searched this same area a couple weeks ago with the Relic. I am truly amazed.

This XP has the 11" coil but it seemed to do fine in the medium amount of trash at the site, and it is a dream to swing as the balance and weight (or lack of it) is very comfortable.

EQ800
Deus
CoRe
AQ ?
Subject Author Views Posted

XP adventure Attachments

Remfire 244 May 14, 2019 10:53PM

Re: XP adventure

NWCindy 116 May 18, 2019 10:10PM

Kickindirt 166 May 15, 2019 08:36PM

OregonGregg 130 May 15, 2019 05:45AM

XP adventures

UtahRich 169 May 15, 2019 12:22AM

Re: XP adventures

Remfire 141 May 15, 2019 07:38AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018