Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Short Report on the new Deus -

June 01, 2019 06:54PM avatar
I'm almost to the point of having to recharge my rig. Have been out 3 different times to a handful of sites, mostly parks that I've hunted before.

Getting used to the sounds and working my way around the controller. Have dabbled with both the Deep and the Fast programs and made a couple 'custom' programs based on recommendations from Kickindirt. So far, so good. I've been digging A LOT of trash items by design, getting to know what they sound like and how the Deus responds. Making a lot of little changes to the settings as well to see how results are impacted. Started off using the Horseshoe screen and currently using the X/Y screen and I like it; so far.

Picked up my first 'older' coin at a park, a '44 wheatie at 6". Easy target. Picked up a couple more wheaties today in a parking strip tear out. Was told I was the 4th detectorist to hunt it they were aware of. Grass and roots removed, about 3" worth. LOTS of pull tabs and square tabs left by my predecessors, and zincolns. Picked up the 2 wheaties, a nickel sized machine token (numbered with center hole), a very nice costume jewelry ring and some clad. Guess the previous hunters cherry picked the high conductors they could find. Glad they missed the token.

With the grass removed, the need of pinpointing was minimal and it was quicker to sweep a handful of dirt across the coil just like Gary does on the XP Skills School videos. Doing lots of re-reading now that I have the Deus in hand and am beginning to get just a little experience under the belt.

Basically, I'm getting used to how XP does things and learning the ropes. A long ways to go before I arrive at any sort of proficiency, but we're on the road and headed that way. thumbs up

Will drop back when I have more. Till then . . .

Rich (Utah)

PS Should have mentioned I have the Deus w/controller, 9" x35 coil, WS-4 headphones and MI6 pinpointer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2019 07:03PM by Rich (Utah).
Subject Author Views Posted

Short Report on the new Deus -

UtahRich 149 June 01, 2019 06:54PM

Quick Update -

UtahRich 79 June 18, 2019 10:33PM

Re: Short Report on the new Deus -

OregonGregg 88 June 02, 2019 07:34AM

the learning curve -

UtahRich 116 June 02, 2019 12:01PM

Re: Short Report on the new Deus -

Kickindirt 95 June 01, 2019 08:29PM

4kHz Boost Mode ? Not yet. N/T

UtahRich 73 June 01, 2019 09:05PM

Re: 4kHz Boost Mode ? Not yet.

Kickindirt 89 June 01, 2019 10:16PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 35
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018