Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

XP Audio - Deus / ORX - Best Audio you've used to date?

July 06, 2019 09:40PM avatar
Monte
You can have all the different Audio Tone selections, but I am completely fine with the design of the ORX and the 3-Tone audio ID design of the ORX in the Coin programs. With most makes and models with more than a single tone, I prefer a 2-Tone audio for sites that generally have nails or other wire-iron types trash, or 3-Tone audio for the bulk of my detecting with 'mixed' trash to deal with. The ORX has a very tell-tale audio response with it's fixed 3-Tone Audio ID design combined with maybe the best Modulated Audio I have enjoyed in a long time..

Monte's opinion.

The first time I used a Deus, it was the audio that first impressed me. Kickindirt was in town with family and was kind enough to take time out of his busy schedule to meet me over at an old local park and let me have a go with it. The audio is one of the best, if not the best, I've used. It is a very descriptive audio.

With my Deus, I am typically using 4 tones, using the lowest as an iron audio, tone set LOW and the audio level 1, I can hear the 'iron' but in the background. (just a thought here. While I was recently out near Wells, I hit upon a larger iron signal, 3+ feet long and narrow. Thinking I might have a rifle barrel, I examined the signal more closely and decided there were a few separate objects. They turned out to be 4 older railroad spikes roughly in a line. I was thinking to myself of the benefits of 'hearing' the iron audio)

My second tone covers up through what I consider the foil range. My third tone the nickel / tab range and my fourth tone my brass token / IHC and up range. The tones on these later 3 segments are higher so they stand out to my ear from the 'iron'. I use a similar scheme on my EQ800 and it works well for me. I have my audio response set at 3.

But the audio on my 800 and the Deus are very different. The 800 has its' own characteristics that I am very familiar with. The motion discriminate audio on the Deus is very smooth as I come into a good target. I can certainly make the audio BANG loud on a shallow coin by forcing audio saturation and getting the coil right down on the target. But, if the target is deeper it will start smooth. If it is shallow, I can swing the x35 coil back and forth as I lift the coil and listen as the response smooths off as I pull the coil away higher and higher until eventually, it is gone. I have to admit, I really like it.

Anyway, interested to read others thoughts. Do you have a favorite detector who's audio was just the best?

EQ800
Deus
CoRe
AQ ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2019 09:41PM by UtahRich.
Subject Author Views Posted

XP Audio - Deus / ORX - Best Audio you've used to date?

UtahRich 151 July 06, 2019 09:40PM

**AUDIO.** Perhaps the #1 reason why my favaorite detectors are just that.

Monte 98 July 07, 2019 12:53PM

Re: **AUDIO.** Perhaps the #1 reason why my favaorite detectors are just that.

jmaryt 86 July 07, 2019 05:08PM

j.t., a little more description of the ORX audio response.

Monte 115 July 07, 2019 07:02PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018