Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Deus or ORX, we share a common appreciation for these Xplorer models.

July 11, 2019 08:22PM avatar
First, congratulations on enjoying some success on that journey afield. While I have enjoyed many times when good finds were very plentiful, I can get as much enjoyment working a very challenging site and just learning the detector more and plucking one or two keepers from amongst a dense array of masking junk.

Remfire
I was using the GM Power program as developed by XP, no modification, with the 9 x 5 elliptical coil.
1.. I'm curious what the Gold Maxx Power program is for the Deus?

2.. 'Thank You' for using the 'XP' in upper-case like the XP folks do rather than the upper-lower case 'Xp'. Kind of interesting that they use 'XP' when their company name is 'Xplorer' but they tend to just use their abbreviated name of 'XP.'

3.. I hope you're enjoying the 5X9½ eclipse HF coil which is the only coil I have for my ORX. I really enjoy that coil's feel and balance, and especially the audio response from the detector & coil combination. (But I sure would like to have a 5" or no-bigger than 6" round coil for these models.)

Remfire
But again I was reminded of the importance of “hearing” the tones, and how much this machine loves round things. I found a target field and had pretty good luck identifying bottle caps, dug several roofing nails and small steel washers when I got a faint tone, that soft “meep meep” that often signals a coin. No TID for help but the tone was right. About 4” down was this little item I assume is a ladies buckle, made of copper.
My Tesoro's don't have a display, and I seldom rely on a visual TID readout on my more featured detectors. I do glance on occasion, but I have always enjoyed hearing the unit's audio report. I have been finding that especially true of my XP ORX. It is a very information-filled audio, and the more we use these devices the more impressed we can be, thanks to a wonderful audio response.

Remfire
As I use the Deus more I find myself using tones as my main indicator, much more than any machine I’ve used, and I can’t say often enough how comfortable it is to swing.
Very light-weight and comfortable and nicely balanced. My ORX is a 3-Tone design in the Coin programs, but that's all the information I need, tone wise. What I really like is the very full-range modulated audio response. Perhaps the best I have ever used.

Remfire
I finally took the batteries out of my other detectors and this trip I didn’t even bring another with me.
Usually, when I sell or trade a detector I leave the batteries installed. And regardless of how many detectors I have in the Outfit, or the time or year, I always leave my detector's at-the-ready with batteries installed. That's because I never just leave them sitting or hanging on a den wall for any notable time untouched. I frequently will take a few minutes to grab them and spend a little bench testing time even during winter. Quality alkaline batteries last a long time. I just treat them as I do a flashlight, and I have many more of those around than I do metal detectors. Out of habit, however, I also periodically check them to make sure the batteries are working at a 'serviceable' level. I change batteries as needed, but don't take them out because I don't really store a detector unused for any period of time.

I'll finish working with my XLT and Silver Sabre µMAX this week, then next week I'll concentrate on just my ORX and Omega 8000, or maybe the FORS Relic instead of the Omega 8K depending on most of the places I might go.. Just having fun toting only two or maybe three units with me a week at a time.

Enjoy more success on your hunts, and definitely enjoy using your XP device.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: 4 models .. Teknetics: 1 model
Tesoro: 2 models .. White's 1 model .. XP: 1 model
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Deus TID Attachments

Remfire 208 July 11, 2019 12:34PM

Re: Deus TID

Kickindirt 92 July 11, 2019 09:47PM

Remfire 113 July 12, 2019 04:37PM

Kickindirt 100 July 12, 2019 09:09PM

9" search coils ... Balance & feel; Separation; Depth of Detection.

Monte 111 July 16, 2019 11:21AM

Re: 9" search coils ... Balance & feel; Separation; Depth of Detection.

Kickindirt 78 July 16, 2019 07:19PM

"If I could only choose one machine and coil it would ** be ..."

Monte 187 July 17, 2019 06:25AM

Re: "If I could only choose one machine and coil it would ** be ..."

jmaryt 86 July 18, 2019 02:20AM

I'm always evaluating any detector I get in my hands, however ...

Monte 118 July 18, 2019 06:13AM

Re: I'm always evaluating any detector I get in my hands, however ...

jmaryt 75 July 18, 2019 03:04PM

Re: 9" search coils ... Balance & feel; Separation; Depth of Detection.

jmaryt 71 July 16, 2019 02:26PM

Deus TID

UtahRich 91 July 11, 2019 09:09PM

Deus or ORX, we share a common appreciation for these Xplorer models.

Monte 118 July 11, 2019 08:22PM

Re: Deus or ORX, we share a common appreciation for these Xplorer models.

Remfire 101 July 12, 2019 11:00PM

Deus and ORX comparisons of the GM Power settings.

Monte 146 July 13, 2019 12:17PM

'Thank You' for that information. N/T

Monte 97 July 13, 2019 12:23AM

Re: Deus or ORX, we share a common appreciation for these Xplorer models.

NWCindy 179 July 12, 2019 04:25PM

No need to be jumpy about XP or Xp usage.

Monte 146 July 13, 2019 05:31AM

NWCindy 108 July 11, 2019 03:16PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018