Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More comfortable headphones for me with my ORX.

August 07, 2019 12:27PM avatar
The ORX comes with the handy-size, fold-up 'back-phones' that are lightweight. They are also kind of annoying to me, however, even though they work fine. But after 54+ years of using metal detectors, I am just very comfortable with 'normal' type headphones that go over my head, and also that cover my ears better. I've tried for over two months now to like the back-phones, but I just don't. They are what I had, they are loud enough for me to hear them clearly, and they work fine so far as audio clarity goes ... but they don't go over my head.

I saw where Joel (aka Kickindirt) posted a set of Deteknix wireless headphones on the Buy-Sell-Trade Forum the other day that use the 'puck' from the Deus or ORX so I figured I'd give them a try. They arrived today which was terrific since I am headed out this evening for a 2-Day, maybe 3-Day, detecting jaunt. Off again to hit some other tot-lot / playground sites that I haven't hunted since about 2012 or 2013 that used to be rather productive.

This has been a year with a lot of weather related problems that limited me getting out hunting much, and some interference got in my way also due to newer health struggles. My Annual Coin Count Goal I set was to find 5,000 coils, and I'm net even close. I'm just a little short of recovering 1,000 coils right now, so I have quite a few to go. Not many places here in Vale, or anywhere that is a closer drive for me, but I had a very good July finding 604 coins with over a third of those just last Monday the 29th thanks to a detecting jaunt. On this adventure I have selected a different route that has a better chance of getting me into some towns where I'll have more opportunities to find some renovation work that just might produce some silver and other older coins.

I always enjoy putting in some detecting time, but this journey is going to be even more enjoyable for me, because when I grab my ORX for some of the applications, I'll also be enjoying very comfortable feeling headphones that fit 'over' my head. Kind of the way headphones were meant to be used, be them corded or wireless.

It's a hot summer around here, and likely where many of you are, too. I hope you also have headphones to help make your searches more comfortable and enjoyable as well.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: 4 models .. Teknetics: 1 model
Tesoro: 2 models .. White's 1 model .. XP: 1 model
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

More comfortable headphones for me with my ORX.

Monte 138 August 07, 2019 12:27PM

XP Headphones

UtahRich 76 August 08, 2019 11:09PM

Re: More comfortable headphones for me with my ORX.

Kickindirt 113 August 07, 2019 05:47PM

'Thanks' Kickindirt, and yes, I do like these headphones.thumbs up

Monte 84 August 08, 2019 03:09AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018