Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A partial-day of testing the Gray Ghost XP headphones.

October 27, 2019 12:49AM avatar
Well, my misdirected ORX w/9" X-35 coil was delayed a day and arrived Saturday morning about 8:30 when it was mostly clear and sunny, 43°, with a NNW wind of 11 MPH for a wind chill of 37°. After putting everything together and checking out both the MI6 Pinpointer and the 'puck' for my Gray Ghost headphones to make sure they were paired, I headed for the local park to check out both the X35 DD coil as well as the Gray Ghost XP version headphones. (By "local park" there's only one main city park in Vale so it was an easy selection.)

This entire park was completely renovated several decades ago with the removal of a LOT of older, larger trees, and the ground was sculpted to smooth it out and then add a couple of picnic boweries, a baseball/softball field, and some was groomed up for a higher plateau to build a swimming pool, horseshoe pit, and restroom area. All the dirt removal, churning and smoothing to level the park means some of the older lost objects were 'churned' a bit deeper. I am looking for any area of this well-hunted park that might hold some older keepers.

No success yesterday, however, as I didn't find anything older than 1962. I also didn't hunt as long as I had hoped to due to the weather. From 10 AM to 2 PM we had warmed between 47° and 52°, but the winds increased as well and continued from 17 MPH to 20 MPH with frequent gusts of 27-30 MPH. I was back home after the first hour of that on-slot of windy weather as the wind chill was a bit unpleasant..

However, wearing the Gray Ghost XP headphones was the more enjoyable part of the day. They use the 'tank style' ear cups that fully cover and surround the ears. They stayed warm and fine since the headphones fit comfortably w/o flopping or working loose. And the audio, the very pleasant audio, was more similar to the XP 'back-phone' headphones except a little louder and easier for this hearing imparted old phart to enjoy. They were not a high-pitched or shrill-sounding output. Just worked quite well for me.thumbs up.

I also used the XP 'back-phones' for a sort while just to compare, then back to the Gray Ghost.

Joel, you need to give a set a try. With winter arriving here very soon, and likely down your way, you might just hold off until an Outing next year and check out my headset.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: 4 models .. Teknetics: 1 model
Tesoro: 2 models .. White's 1 model .. XP: 1 model
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Made some custom headphones for my Xp deus/orx Attachments

Kickindirt 73 October 24, 2019 12:39AM

Re: Made it out in the field with with custom headphones

Kickindirt 22 October 24, 2019 11:20PM

Interesting report on the headphones.thinking

Monte 29 October 25, 2019 12:53AM

Re: Interesting report on the headphones.thinking

Kickindirt 21 October 25, 2019 01:03AM

A partial-day of testing the Gray Ghost XP headphones.

Monte 33 October 27, 2019 12:49AM

Re: A partial-day of testing the Gray Ghost XP headphones.

Kickindirt 29 October 27, 2019 10:04AM

Re: Made some custom headphones for my Xp deus/orx

OregonGregg 38 October 24, 2019 07:55PM

Re: Made some custom headphones for my Xp deus/orx

Kickindirt 26 October 24, 2019 11:13PM

Nice project. The Troy Custom Headphones use ...

Monte 44 October 24, 2019 03:09AM

Re: Nice project. The Troy Custom Headphones use ...

Kickindirt 27 October 24, 2019 09:50AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018