Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What to do this winter when you can get out, but it's cold?

November 28, 2019 09:33AM avatar
I do two things when it comes to the XP models:

1.. I can slip my ORX controller in a shirt or inside-the-coat pocket to keep it warm and out of the elements.

2.. Flannel shirts, a good coat, a cap and gloves keep most of me dry and warm, but the ORX's Back-Phones don't do much for my ears, especially when it gets breezy to windy. To keep them protected from the cold and wind, I am using the Gray Ghost XP model headphones. Very comfortable as they use the 'tank-style' ear cups that completely cover the ear, not just press on the ear. The 'Puck' simply fastens on the attachment device that is on the left ear cup of the Gray Ghost XP's.

I wanted something to compliment the Back-Phones that I use on my ORX w/9" X35 DD coil for urban Coin Hunting and have the Gray Ghosts' with my ORX w/5X9½ DD HF coil I mainly use for Relic Hunting old sites.

I am still thinning out a few extra duplicate detectors or some just too heavy for me to use for longer periods anymore, and since I don't have a wife to slip a shopping list to for Christmas, I had to jot down on my own for-me shopping list to get another set of Gray Ghost XP headphones for my other ORX outfit when some detectors sell.

Just sharing a tip of a headphone product I have found to be working out great with the XP series detectors, and you might take this as a hint to share with someone looking for a gift idea for you this holiday season.winking smiley I ordered mine from 'Kickindirt', who I also used to buy my two ORX packages.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: 4 models .. Teknetics: 1 model
Tesoro: 2 models .. White's 1 model .. XP: 1 model
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

What to do this winter when you can get out, but it's cold?

Monte 41 November 28, 2019 09:33AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018