Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When do you prefer the Deus?

December 01, 2019 04:00PM avatar
Monte
Types of sites? Programs/Modes? Coil preference?

Most of the time, I could use either the Deus or the 800, As I mentioned over in the minelab forum where this same question is posed, but for the 800, if I've hunted a particular site a number of times with one detector, or others have hit a site with one particular type detector, I'll often try something different just for a change of pace and see if doing things a different way can help me find a keeper or two.

When is the Deus my Preference? For me, there are 2 big advantages the Deus offers me; light weight and exceptional target separation. I like the Deus up on the mountains at the ski resorts where traversing a side hill and trying to swing a detector with any weight to it can quickly burn out your arm and shoulder muscles. Also, if I am doing a lot of coil manipulation in and around sagebrush, trees, bushes and the like, the extreme light weight is a bonus that allows me to move quickly and not tire my arm / shoulder. I can hunt all day long with the Deus and not tire early.

Coil Selection: I have the 9" X35 coil for my Deus. When i selected the Deus, i specifically wanted this coil for it's size and frequency options. it separates exceptionally and has great depth for a 9" coil.

Programs: I like to take advantage of iron tones and will usually run with little discrimination, I've come up with 3 programs that I use; 2 for the ghost towns (high trash and lower trash) and one for the ski resorts based upon the types of targets I expect to find and the ground conditions. There is a factory "Deep" program that works well for parks and such with just a little tweaking. If things getting trashy at an old house or similar, I resort to one of my 2 ghost town programs.

Tones: I've set up the Deus very similar to my 800 with my tones and break points, so there is a similar feel when I am hunting. A side comment here: There seems to be a thought out there that the Deus is very complicated to set up. My thoughts are that if you become familiar with the settings and what they do, adjusting the settings for what you want to accomplish is much easier.

Anyway, hope that answers your question(s) Monte.

Rich -

EQ800
Deus
CoRe
AQ ?
Subject Author Views Posted

UtahRich ... When do you prefer the Deus over the Equinox 800?

Monte 35 November 30, 2019 10:20AM

Re: UtahRich ... When do you prefer the Deus over the Equinox 800? Attachments

NWCindy 32 December 07, 2019 09:04PM

When do you prefer the Deus?

UtahRich 41 December 01, 2019 04:00PM

Re: When do you prefer the Deus?

Kickindirt 20 December 08, 2019 02:27PM

Reactivity differences. ???

Monte 11 December 09, 2019 09:07PM

Re: Reactivity differences. ???

Kickindirt 7 December 09, 2019 10:38PM

'Thank You' Rich. Good answers and thoughts for me and others.

Monte 23 December 02, 2019 09:43AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018