Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Maintenance', Temperaturs, and site conditions.

January 01, 2020 08:47AM avatar
Roger, it was good to hear you had huntable weather. Yesterday we stayed in the 30's all day with a few light sprinkles. At 7 AM on New Year's morning we were 31° and you were at 45°, according to NOAA, It looks like you might have some close-to 50° days before all the snow and return to winter arrives on Saturday. I hope you can get out again.

Site Conditions can be a little muddy about now, but instead of hunting in a weedy environment, it looks like you got into some 'stickers.'eye popping smiley

I noticed you mentioned the loose rod situation before collapsing your Deus rods. So here's a maintenance tip for readers who do the same thing. Not only check the rod-lock clamps for loose pins, but extend the lower rod just slightly, then use a clean cloth and wipe down both the lower rod and middle rod to be free of moisture, mud, dirt, grit, sand and anything else that might be on them before collapsing them.

I don't usually collapse mine, but I have monitored that technique ever since I first saw the introduction of the Deus. I've been in touch with a few users who, after time, noticed binding of the middle rod in the fitting at the top of the hand-grip as well as where the lower-rod slides into the middle-rod. Also scratches start showing on the lower and middle rods from the grit and sand, and those are also inside the middle rod at the rod-lock clamp and the upper section ahead of the hand-grip.

Of course this is a reminder coming from a guy who pampers detectors more than just about anyone, but I've handled some detectors, XP's and others, where the devices are seldom cleaned and rod and compression fittings can be tight and difficult to handle.. The same reminders go for those who use other modern collapsible designs like the Nokta / Makro Impact, Anfibio and Simplex+.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Apex --- Vanquish 540 --- CoRe, Relic & Simplex + --- Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX --- XLT & MX-7
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... MS-3 Z-Lynk ... ML-80
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

XP maintenance Attachments

Remfire 360 December 31, 2019 05:00PM

XP maintenance

UtahRich 175 January 04, 2020 12:23AM

Maintenance', Temperaturs, and site conditions.

Monte 211 January 01, 2020 08:47AM

Re: XP maintenance

Kickindirt 206 December 31, 2019 06:20PM

Re: XP

Remfire 216 January 01, 2020 06:40AM

Re: XP maintenance

D&P-OR 217 December 31, 2019 05:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 38
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020