Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Based on your descriptive reply - - - - -

February 09, 2020 05:33AM avatar
Kickindirt
Also Monte Deus does not have to many adjustments. Most of them your already dealing with on the ORX. Like reactivity. You already understand it and how it works and can affect the machine. On Deus with reactivity settings you have the Expert setting which is silencer. It's just another filter to play with. Deus automatically sets this filter when changing reactivity settings. Only difference being on deus you can adjust it. ORX cant. After that you have your TX gain settings to adjust power settings. Also automatically adjusted to certain programs for best hunting practices. After that all you have left that is different is all the factory programs and options to make custom programs and all tone options which will also allow you to set different break points. Even with all that you can still just turn it on and go with only making the most simple adjustments. Monte as much as you enjoy testing and playing with different settings to see how it affects nail boards and all that. The deus I would have to say was made for you. I know I know what your gonna say. But your over thinking it. It's all not as complicated as it sounds. Best part is if you dont like an adjustment you made just turn the machine off then on again and it will go back to factory settings. Unless of coarse you saved it to one of the open program slots. I should send you my remote to play with and try out.

- - - - - You have pointed out exactly why the ORX is a better choice for me over the Deus.

I like a detector that is:

'Simple' to understand and get into action without a lot of tinkering, yet still be ...

'Functional', to provide adjustments I want or need without a lot of internal and uncontrollable design so that I get a ...

'Performance'-based detector that satisfies me for handling the challenging tasks at-hand.

For example, there comes a point where some models on the market have had too much adjustability, for me, such as Reactivity, I only have two 'custom' or 'programmable' slots to save personal settings. That's all I need. And I have tried a lot of comparisons changing only the Reactivity, and overall my choice of '2' is all I want or need. The rest is 'fluff.' And for Reactivity settings I don't see where an "Expert" setting which is a silencer would be useful for me.

Like you said: "It's just another filter to play with." Well, I have enjoyed decades of going out detecting to have 'fun' and long-ago I determined that 'filter-tinkering' isn't fun when I can achieve desired performanxce without that. When adjustment features go beyond what is 'Functional' for me and my wants and needs, it is no longer 'Simple.' And when changing the Reactivity "automatically" sets a filter, then it should do what I want it to do, so with a Reactivity change on the ORX it either works or it doesn't, and I 'Simply' select the Reactivity I want from 4 available settings (1, 2, 2.5 and 3)

But the Deus offers more Reactivity choices, and then also allows the operator to go in and 'tinker' with the different filters that were automatically selected. For all-purpose hunting needs, that doesn't interest me. I also don't care for a TX setting to adjust transmit Gain.

And then you say: "After that all you have left that is different is all the factory programs and options to make custom programs and all tone options which will also allow you to set different break points."

Well, I could have purchased a Deus from when they were first introduced, but you just pointed out, in that one sentence, exactly why I NEVER bought a Deus or cared to. It just would not have been, and still isn't, a model that interests me. Instead, they figured out there are a lot of people more like me out there who want the depth and general performance a Deus might provide, but they want it in a 'Simple package with less 'tinkering' necessary to keep it 'Functional' so that it will be quicker to get into action, yet still provide in-the-field 'Performance'

For me, the ORX is a D-WOF and serves my needs for certain applications just fine, and I still get the benefit of the very light-weight and controllable package design. You use the Deus and I'll use my D-WOF.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: I rely on an assortment of personal favorites I happen to like that work for me when and where I need them.
Pinpointers: Makro & Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Detector Pro's Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2020 05:42AM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

Continuing to enjoy my two ORX set-ups. Especially in iron nails.

Monte 136 February 07, 2020 05:47AM

Re: Continuing to enjoy my two ORX set-ups. Especially in iron nails.

Kickindirt 69 February 07, 2020 07:06PM

'Kickindirt', here are my ORX settings and applications.

Monte 73 February 08, 2020 11:20AM

Re: 'Kickindirt', here are my ORX settings and applications.

Kickindirt 53 February 08, 2020 07:11PM

Based on your descriptive reply - - - - -

Monte 53 February 09, 2020 05:33AM

Re: Based on your descriptive, I figured you would say that.

Kickindirt 49 February 09, 2020 10:39AM

Re: Based on your descriptive, I figured you would say that.

Dan'o 50 February 09, 2020 12:14PM

I said the ORX is a D-WOF and you ask: What is a D-WOF?confused smiley

Monte 57 February 09, 2020 05:41AM

Re: I said the ORX is a D-WOF and you ask: What is a D-WOF?confused smiley

D&P-OR 47 February 09, 2020 10:00AM

Did I hear Half-Dime ?

UtahRich 82 February 07, 2020 11:57AM

Re: Did I hear Half-Dime ?

OregonGregg 47 February 09, 2020 07:52AM

Yes, you heard Half-Dime, but I might buy one.

Monte 63 February 08, 2020 06:47AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018