Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My XP ORX adjustment. --- IONTEC ---Now I'm happy.

March 06, 2020 08:48AM avatar
I'm still busy trimming and adjusting my Detector Outfit to keep me satisfied and make sure all my needs are handled for different sites I like to hunt. Making a few adjustments by adding or deleting a model or two, and to do this I ended up going into late fall and winter with two new ORX models with two coils and an MI-6 Pinpointer for each of them. The coils were the 5X9½ HF DD and the 9" X-35 DD. To be honest, there are positive things I can say about BOTH of those coils, and advantages with the different frequency ranges they each provide.

In making the adjustments I wanted a different model or two to have a Concentric coil and maybe somethi9ng 'different' in design and performance behavior. Models that would suit me better for a "General-Purpose" detector that I would regularly tote along. Something more like a 'scouting unit' that can handle multiple applications and be used to 'scout' a potential site for any sign of former human activity. A detector that I consider to be a 'cross-over' model, good for Urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting but capable to handle okay for some challenging old Relic Hunting sites.

Having one of my 'Buy-and-Try' moments last month, I bought a new Minelab Vanquish 540 Pro Pack to see how it felt, how it worked, if I'd like it enough and if it might have a 'fit' in my detector group. But, like the XP models, it still didn't provide me with a Concentric coil option in a preferred size. So, to fill that 'want' I got a hold of 'Kickindirt' and ordered a Nokta Impact with a 5" DD and 7" Concentric coils that have served me well in the past.

That means my den wall is starting to fill up again and more 'adjustments' were called for. So I spent a couple of extra days just concentrating on my XP's and used my ORX w/5X9½ DD HF coil in an iron-littered ghost town and two other places. I made my ORX adjustment decision. ---- IONTEC ---- I Only Need The Elliptical Coil.

That's what I started with for good reasons, and for the same reasons are that coil works best for me and my needs. The X35 is also a great coil, but for me, the 5X9½ DD is going to handle the wants and needs I have for the ORX. So today I am down to my 'favorite' ORX w/5X9½ HF DD coil, MI-6 Pinpointer, and that's complemented by using the Gray Ghost XP headphones to mount the 'puck' on for no-cable comfort.

A little more breathing room on my den wall and back seat for the detectors now, and all I need is some improving weather to get out and enjoy using all of them. Oh, a new site or two to hunt that is more productive would be nice as well.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: I rely on an assortment of personal favorites I happen to like that work for me when and where I need them.
Pinpointers: Makro & Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Detector Pro's Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

My XP ORX adjustment. --- IONTEC ---Now I'm happy.

Monte 109 March 06, 2020 08:48AM

IONTEC - Another One bites the Dust . . . . . . eye popping smiley

UtahRich 61 March 06, 2020 11:55AM

Wellll, not quite, Rich, as I'm making other 'adjustments.' . . . eye popping smiley

Monte 77 March 06, 2020 02:10PM

"I think I am just about set for now and on into the future."thinking

Monte 57 March 24, 2020 10:36AM

Re: My XP ORX adjustment. --- IONTEC ---Now I'm happy.

D&P-OR 64 March 06, 2020 11:03AM

Re: My XP ORX adjustment. --- IONTEC ---Now I'm happy.

diggindeep 50 March 06, 2020 12:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018