Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wellll, not quite, Rich, as I'm making other 'adjustments.' . . . eye popping smiley

March 06, 2020 02:10PM avatar
UtahRich
Monte,

I expect you'll end up with a Tesoro Bandido II µMax, Silver Sabre µMax, CoRe, Relic and ORX for your hunting needs.

Yes, those are 5 of what I am hanging onto, with 4 of them assigned to my Relic Hunting Team of detectors. Then there is the urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting Team, and that includes:

• Silver Sabre µMAX (mainly the to-lot killer)
• Simplex + (for more open areas for now until they get smaller-size coils available for it)

And then I'll have my 'Cross-Over Team' which will be some of my Daily Travel Detectors, probably used more for Coin Hunting I happen to chance upon, but they are also very capable models to "cross-over" into some of the Relic Hunting type applications should I need them.

Those include:

• Impact w/7" Concentric
• Vanquish 540 w/5X8 DD
• Vanquish 540 #2 w/9X12 DD

Along with the 4 Relic Hunting Team models I'll often also take along one or two of these units.

UtahRich
I'm thinking the Vanquish, though a nice detector, will be next on your list to say goodbye. winking smiley

Rich

Nope! I know, surprise, surprise. But I'm in a position to own and use all the detectors I want, since Miss Rikki doesn't grumble at me, but in making all the detector adjustments I also have to make some personal adjustments. The main one is needing to trim down to lighter-weight and more comfortable detectors, and along with that is also adjusting my dedicated assignment to do more Coin & Jewelry Hunting on flat, smooth-surface terrain since my mobility issues are hampering me working many / most of the old Relic Hunting locations with tangling brush, uneven and sloping ground, rocks, etc., etc.

I don't like to mess around with search coil changes afield, if I can help it, and my Relic Hunting group have the smaller coils mounted that I would most often use. The Coin Hunting and Cross-Over units are also ready-to-go.. I very seldom use 'standard' to 'larger-size' coils, but the 11" DD on the Simplex+ and 9X12 on the Vanquish 540 are comfortable and have been working fine in the more open parks and such with a low to barely modest amount of targets.

No, I think I am just about set for now and on into the future.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vista 'X' / Vanquish 540 / CoRe, Relic & Simplex + / Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX / XLT / ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

My XP ORX adjustment. --- IONTEC ---Now I'm happy.

Monte 218 March 06, 2020 08:48AM

IONTEC - Another One bites the Dust . . . . . . eye popping smiley

UtahRich 115 March 06, 2020 11:55AM

Wellll, not quite, Rich, as I'm making other 'adjustments.' . . . eye popping smiley

Monte 145 March 06, 2020 02:10PM

"I think I am just about set for now and on into the future."thinking

Monte 136 March 24, 2020 10:36AM

Re: My XP ORX adjustment. --- IONTEC ---Now I'm happy.

D&P-OR 121 March 06, 2020 11:03AM

Re: My XP ORX adjustment. --- IONTEC ---Now I'm happy.

diggindeep 98 March 06, 2020 12:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018