Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An additional thought -

May 20, 2020 06:24PM avatar
Here's a little of the World According to Rich - Just my opinion here whatever that is worth. eye popping smiley

For 3 decades now, Minelab has dominated the Multi-frequency metal detecting market with first BBS, than FBS / FBS2 and has taken an additional step with Multi-IQ in the Equinox and Vanquish platforms. Thirty years of experience is A LOT. That is a lot of time to fine tune their algorithms.

Fisher has had their CZ platform for pretty much the same amount of time and was MY introduction to multi-frequency detecting back in the early 90's when I bought my CZ-6. In 1996 I bought a CZ-6a. In 2000, I sold my CZ-6a and bought an Explorer XS. I've been a multi-frequency guy for a VERY LONG time.

White's has also had some multi-frequency stuff out but I'm going out on a limb and saying that it hasn't had the impact on the sport to the degree of Minelab's offerings.

So what's the difference between these 3 "multi-frequency makers? I'm going to be so bold as to say that just because somebody offers multi-frequency detection doesn't mean their detector suddenly jumps past all of the other technology out there, other multi-frequency included.

We can all HOPE that such and such a maker comes out with a detector that can do such and such. And for whatever reason, many seem to think that multi-frequency is the see all / end all / be all of detector technology. But it seems a bit bassackwards to me to hope that such and such a maker comes out with Simultaneous Multi-Frequency when we have NO IDEA whether their technology will be any good, let alone better than what is already out there.

I really like my Deus and think it does some amazing things, especially when I'm out in the ghost towns. PLUS, it is super light weight and makes hunting much more pleasant especially in difficult terrain. And PERHAPS the reason that it shines in places my other detector(s) don't as well is because it is NOT multi-frequency. ???? Now there's something to think about.

Rich -

It's YOU that makes the difference.

Minelab EQ800
XP Deus
Whites Surfmaster PI Dual Field
Subject Author Views Posted

Simple questions for Deus and ORX users.

Monte 234 May 19, 2020 10:15PM

Re: Simple questions for Deus and ORX users.

OregonGregg 150 May 20, 2020 04:49PM

Excellent example of one of Gary's useful videos.thumbs up N/T

Monte 125 May 21, 2020 05:15AM

UtahRich 158 May 20, 2020 03:10PM

An additional thought -

UtahRich 127 May 20, 2020 06:24PM

Re: An additional thought -

Monte 131 May 21, 2020 05:00AM

Kickindirt 152 May 20, 2020 01:40PM

DirtDigger 165 May 20, 2020 10:20AM

DirtDigger 144 May 20, 2020 01:03PM

Luke Warm on the EQ -

UtahRich 160 May 20, 2020 06:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 45
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020