Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Search coil for my Detector Outfit ... ???? ... Simple.

June 18, 2021 10:32AM avatar
#1... I have detectors and coils for City Coin Hunting as well as conditions with more iron contamination.

#2.. With my current outfit of detectors and search coils I have very adequate detection depth and decent Target ID.

#3.. I am well covered for frequency choices for coin hunting. The ideal single frequency, as determined by the design engineer George Payne, is 12.5 kHz. I have been relying heavily on detectors from various manufacturers that operate within ×/- 2.5 kHz of that, between 10 kHz and 15 kHz, since '77 / '78 to the present.

My two favorite Tesoro units are at 10 kHz,
My Simplex + is at 12 kHz, and my three Apex devices use either SMF operation or allow selectable frequencies of 5, 10, 15 or 20 kHz so I also have all those bases covered.

#4.. I have most frequency options taken care of including my Nokta Relic at 19 kHz.

#5.. Newest, latest, and greatest do not always mean better or best.

#6.. Weight & Balance, for me, are about perfect with the 5X9.5 H F elliptical coil, and having used both of those coils, the elliptical works quite well for my needs.

I'll get a hold of you later today in a text or email.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact .. Inca .. Bandido II µMAX .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2021 10:37AM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

Search coils .... Picking a favorite.

Monte 157 June 17, 2021 11:16AM

Re: Search coils .... Picking a favorite.

Kickindirt 97 June 17, 2021 04:14PM

Search coil for my Detector Outfit ... ???? ... Simple.

Monte 85 June 18, 2021 10:32AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 38
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021